Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 3 10.7%
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was thinking about getting a +1 magazine extension to use on my extra magazine while carrying concealed, but wanted to know if there are any reliability issues. I've found that my other gun (Glock) doesn't feed reliably with a +1 extension, but they seem to be popular with Kel Tecs.

I appreciate your comments and voting in the poll!

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Feeding has not been an issue with the PF-9's +1 extension.
Some of us (that got them when they 1st came out) did have an issue with unintentional Mag drop about 3 or 4 rounds into the mag.
This was solved by either replacing the mag release (with older PF-9s), or trimming the corners of the mag (or grip) where there could have been some binding and torquing during recoil. I believe the mag drop has not been an issue in PF-9s built after Spring/Summer of 2011.

Hopefully more will chime in. :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have the +1 , 250 rounds for break in and not a single problem. Going to the range on Monday as I just completed the Northwood trigger upgrade. I lost the slide lock spring and could not find it, my wife found it this morning so I'll have to live with that. She asked if I wanted her to put it back together...Tsk.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Have them on all three of my mags. Put 50 rounds through them with no issues. I love them. Makes the gun easier to grip and takes up a lot of the recoil.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I bought three and on my range test, all three functioned perfectly. However, I did trim/sand the curved notches on both the mag extensions and the gun's mag well so that they mated better, maybe that was important, maybe not, given that I did it before I went to the range.

But, the biggest benefit to the mag extensions is not the extra round, its the extra finger that fits on the grip with it installed instead of that pinkie being curled under the mag. That little finger really improves the grip and is important for getting the sights back on target for follow up shots. I give a big +1 to the +1 and recommend it highly.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nice, I didn't want to go with the extended magazine but like the extra capacity, I may have to play around with at least one of my magazine's now. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Went home for R&R last month. I got to shoot with the plus one's that I had ordered for my old magazines. I did not have a single problem. Went through 3 boxes of WB with no issues. Very pleased!

·
Registered
36 Posts
think I'm gonna pick one up for my spare mag as well... that pinky rest is pointless on that thing. might as well add a round to it and bring mroe purpose to the mag

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
I'm starting to consider one for my PF9 as well. Indeed, the pinky extension that came with it is pretty worthless for me. I have medium-sized hands n' fingers, and I have to bunch my fingers all up uncomfortably to get them to all fit on the grip with the pinky extension installed, otherwise my pinky just winds up hanging off the same as it would with the flush-fit mag base. If the +1 extension adds a bit more "real estate" to the grip, enough that I can get all my fingers on there, and as long as it doesn't detract from the function of the pistol, then it'd be nice to have on one mag while keeping the flush-fit mag base on the other (for pocket carry).

·
Registered
159 Posts
Love it!

Flawless operation.

Best part is it extends the whole grip and is not just a finger extension.

Still hides very well Iwb or pocket.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I put one on my mag and ran 100 rounds through it without problems. I will say that I did this before trusting the gun with it's newfound accessory, and you should too.

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
I may as well put one on now since I'm still in the process of breaking in the new PF9, so I can kill two birds with one stone. :)

EDIT: Bummer! They're out of stock. :(

·
Registered
212 Posts
Weird. Mine is a newer one (bought about two or three months ago) and it won't go through a whole mag without shooting the round OVER THE BARREL....once it shot TWO rounds upwards.

Anyone who wants it can check out the trading post forum....it seats perfect; it just isn't reliable.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I may as well put one on now since I'm still in the process of breaking in the new PF9, so I can kill two birds with one stone. :)

EDIT: Bummer! They're out of stock. :(
I purchased one today from Joe Bob Outfitters. Shipped today and scheduled for delivery in 2 days. AFAIK... They still have them in stock.

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
I just have a quick question about the +1, I just got the one Evi1joe was having trouble with, he sold it in the TP.

There is some play between the +1 and the mag body. It's not much and just to the front/rear not side/side. I was just wondering if some play is normal?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
related. to evi1joe, I like stock mag cause as joe said, the kahr and few times the kt380 did same thing he said. Kt380 seems to have cured itself, kahr still not usable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Somewhat related question, but I received my +1 magazine today from Joe Bob and I cannot get that eighth round in there. I did get it almost in, but there would have been no way the round would have fed. Any ideas? Do I need to disassemble and make some kind of adjustment to the floor plate? To clarify, this is the complete +1 magazine, part number PF9-808.

Thanks...

·
Registered
212 Posts
CJ, send it back to KT if you can't get it running.
What's weird is that my beretta 21A has a mec-gar mag that I tried out on the same day I tried the extended KT mag out, and it does the same thing -- it throws a round over the barrel. A problem I'd NEVER seen in 1000s of rounds of ammo over 25 years. It's like I pissed off the mag gods or something (probably by buying a mec-gar mag for a 21A).

I'm going to look into it today--maybe whatever I find out will apply to that KT 8rd mag.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts