Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a P32. I've carried a Seecamp 32 as a BUG for 20+ years but I think I may switch to the P32. Please comment on its reliability. In the 20+ years I've owned the Seecamp I probably have put 250 rounds through it without a single failure. Can I expect the same from the P32 ?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I am the original owner of a gen 1 P32 that’s likely just as old, or close to it, that has many more rounds through it without a bobble. I think you will enjoy one and the ease of carry.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I Bought one. Replaced a .380 ultimate pocket carry piece.

the capacity, accuracy and manageable recoil sold me. I have a trigger upgrade kit I still haven’t installed because I hit with it as is. Thrown bids at several on gunbroker lately as I’d like a second one soon enough here…

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
I've got two Gen1 P32's and Wifey has the Gen2 P32 that was once mine. All have worked without any problems that I can attribute to the pistol, itself, or the mags. Only malfunctions experienced have been due to ammo (some JHP's and "Extreme Cavitator" rounds that have a shorter overall length that lead to rimlock issues) or holding the pistol in such a way that accidentally allows one's thumb to drag upon the slide - it IS an itty-bitty lil' gun, after all. :)

I still carry mine at the gym, even though it's not on the department's approved list, because I haven't yet found any sort of holster for my Shield or Hellcat that will conceal properly, comfortably, and securely while I'm doing gym stuffs. I just poke the ol' hard-chromed P32 into a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster, drop it in a front pocket in my shorts with a 10-round spare mag in my back pocket, and I'm good to go.

FWIW, I only carry either Fiocchi FMJ or Sellier & Bellot (S&B) FMJ as my carry ammo in .32 ACP - essentially, my practice ammo is my defensive ammo. Haven't found anything else that will function reliably AND consistently penetrate adequately enough to reach vitals. (Remember, kiddies, the expansion doesn't matter if it never reaches the important stuff.) I mean, my P32's will gobble up just about every FMJ round I've tried in them, but Fiocchi and S&B load theirs a bit hotter, so it works more gooderer at making deep little holes. :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have a few of them. Every FMJ or JHP round (foreign or domestic) has worked 100%. I load my own 75 FPL "Buffalo Bore"-style round with a longer OAL - that works 100% as well.

Fiocchi 73 FMJ goes about 855 fps, penetrates 19", and does a big tumble halfway through. Fiocchi 60 XTP-HP goes about 920 fps penetrates 14" and expands to .37". I like either. The FPL load does 860 fps and penetrates 29" - that's my bear load. ;)

The US factory FMJ ammo is pretty weak sauce, does about 770 fps.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I own a Milford Seecamp in .32 acp, which I purchased because I loved the look/feel of the stainless steel and the Old World craftsmanship...the pistol is like a little jewelry piece. And mine has been reliable IF I stick to the rounds that it likes to cycle.

I've also got a P32, a Second Generation that Kel Tec sent me (for free) to replace the Gen 1 that I bought in 1998 and carried for over 20 years until the assembly pin started walking out (it had never actually malfunctioned, however).

I've shot both side-by-side, and the KT is FAR more accurate and easier to shoot. Better trigger, softer recoil, small but usable sights...and one more round, as a bonus. Stick to FMJ or longer JHP rounds and you'll never have an issue. On top of that, the KT is far easier to break down and reassemble.

I've held on to the Seecamp as my gym attire pistol for a while, but this week I installed a Techna Clip on the KT and it absolutely disappears on my waist and doesn't move around when I exercise. And now I'm starting to wonder if my Seecamp even has a place in my carry rotation anymore. The KT may not be pretty to look at, but it really is an amazing little pistol.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I have one and my wife has one. Both were bought used so I don't know the original round count. Each have a couple of thousand or more rounds through them since we acquired them. Mine has had zero failures other than a couple of ignition failures with one particular box of S&B.. Hers has had 2 extraction failures that occurred with Geco. Neither of us has had any failures of any kind with Fiocchi, Norma, Aguila or Remington UMC. Btw, my P3AT, which is the .380 version of the same gun, now belongs to my brother in law. It now has north of 5k rounds through it with zero failures of any kind.

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I Bought one. Replaced a .380 ultimate pocket carry piece.

the capacity, accuracy and manageable recoil sold me. I have a trigger upgrade kit I still haven’t installed because I hit with it as is. Thrown bids at several on gunbroker lately as I’d like a second one soon enough here…
The only Problem I ever had was a Galloway reduced power hammer spring which snapped on the shooting range. Caused me to buy a second P-32 to carry

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had my P32 for a few years now -- I was looking for the lightest pocket pistol I could find that wasn't a 22LR (too many misfires = not dependable!). The P32, even fully loaded, is almost like it's not there. Accuracy is excellent out to a good distance, but this is a close quarters defensive weapon and I think it's great for that purpose. I have no qualms at all with carrying it, or using it if I would ever need to. I've never has a misfire with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had a Gen 2 for the longest time as a motorcycle jacket pocket gun and ne er had it fail, no matter the lint, lack of oil, water exposure. Got rid of it for a first gen LCP and a few months later traded another P32. My wife has one, as well. No issues with any of them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts