Registration of P3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Rw1golf, May 18, 2008.

1. Rw1golf

Rw1golf New Member

Apr 29, 2008
    When I bought my P3AT in Nashville Tn a few weeks ago, I was over joyed and took it home and shot it to my satisfaction. No problems at all so far. But i got to wondering if something happens to it I don't have anything with the serial # on t saying it is mine. All I got was a sales reciept. Did the dealer send papers to KT ?

2. gbm5170

gbm5170 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Re:  Registration of P3AT

I highly doubt it. No reason for sending your info to Kel-Tec. I can't think of any reason why Kel-Tec would want your personal info. A sales receipt would suffice if warrantee work was required.

Maybe KTWM can chime in here but I think there may actually be a law in the gun-shine state (Florida) preventing Kel-Tec from keeping a database of gun owners (or maybe that just applies to the state & local governments here).

3. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas

A sales reciept is more than enough. For your own records, in case of theft, etc, you might write the serial # on it. :-/

4. Rw1golf

Rw1golf New Member

Apr 29, 2008

Thanks.

5. alamo

alamo New Member

Sep 12, 2004

Dealers do not send "papers" to KT or any other manufacturer. Some have a warranty card that you can voluntarily return or not.

6. PshootR

PshootR Banned

Apr 1, 2005

The dealer would normally write the make, model, caliber and serial number on the sales receipt in my experience. Generally the customer must sign the receipt as well.

7. justintime

justintime New Member

Mar 17, 2008

When I bought mine at Cabela's the serial # was printed on the receipt.; It was stolen in Denver while I worked there and was found with other weapons at the scene of a homiside between gang bangers. Now I won't get it back until after the trail, whenever that will be. The police detective asked if it was registered. That way I could get it back. Any way all I have is the receipt. Also the FFL holder keeps records of the transaction and I could get a copy from them and maybe get it notarized. Hope this helps.

Vance

8. pocketgun

pocketgun New Member

May 4, 2005

I think this is what you will need. Not sure if you need it notarized - I would call and ask exactly what they will accept.

9. Wilson

Wilson New Member

Sep 7, 2004

Florida law prevents Kel-Tec from keeping any electronic records associating a pistol serial number with the owner’s name. As paper record keeping is so burdensome, expensive and prone to error, you can be assured that Kel-Tec doesn’t know who you are or if you own one of their pistols. This may be one reason Kel-Tec has never tried to enforce their First-Owner warranty policy :)

Wilson – who’s wishing all states had such laws to prevent easy browsing by liberals snoopers ;)

10. Rw1golf

Rw1golf New Member

Apr 29, 2008

You hit the nail on the head with the first owner policy.
    Thanks to all.