Redeux: Alternate front sight material needed

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by billjohnso20, Oct 17, 2010.

1. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I've redone this posting to broaden its scope. If anyone has any other ideas, I've also started a suggestion thread in the Accessories board here: http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1287506115/0#0.

I'm looking to make a higher front sight for my Hi-Point 995TS carbine. I tried to do so with a square shanked screwdriver but can't find a drill bit that will drill the hole without burning up in the hardened steel. So I'm looking to try something different. A 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch by 4 inch block of micarta, poly resin, other synthetic material would work. I'm looking for something that would cut and shape easily but be rather durable.

Does anyone have anything lying around that they have no use for? I'd gladly take/purchase some of it off your hands.

2. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    What size hole were you trying to drill ? I might have a bit for ya that will drill the hard steel (used them to drill some spring steel) PM me if ya want
    If that don't work I got some mic somewhere in the garage too. I'll look around tonight...