Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to decide which one to get and ruled out rails, but not sure which ext. to order. I like the looks of the smooth comp but i dont want to hang useless stuff off of it or add unnecesary length to a compact weapon. The S2ks 9mm recoil has never bothered me, but if the comp actually reduces recoil then id prob. try it out. Thanks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
i'm no expert, so take this with a grain of salt...

that comp will not make a noticeable difference in lightening recoil. it will however lighten your wallet.

with that said, i want the one with teeth! :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I purchased the Red Lion forend and the front sight without the rail. I choose the comp with the teeth for the looks, no change in the recoil after adding the comp that I noticed.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tried to order this AM and it says that they are unable to receive funds via PayPal. I'll call them.

What range is ideal for zeroing? Any idea what Kel-Tec zeros at?

·
Registered
320 Posts
I just got my comp and it just for looks. I have the 40 cal sub and it doesn't changes the recoil at all.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Tried to order this AM and it says that they are unable to receive funds via PayPal. I'll call them.

What range is ideal for zeroing? Any idea what Kel-Tec zeros at?
If I remember correctly the manual from Kel-Tec states that they're factory zeroed at 100 yards. I'm currently working on a sight that has quick adjustable for range like a military style sight and can still fold.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You can zero the gun at 25 yards. The 9mm trajectory is very flat out to 100 yards and then drops off drastically. If you zero at 25 yards you'll be about two inches high at 50 yards and right on again at 100 yards. Really, no need for adjustable sights since you'll be good from 25 to 100 yards once zeroed in, and the 9mm round is pretty much useless past 100 yards.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FYI, I placed my order and got the notification that their PP account had been shutdown so I called and left a message and they couldn't be bothered to return my call. Luckily I went back to their page and refreshed and saw their update:

As of the morning of 5-15-12 were are without a merchant account to accept online orders as without notice Paypal suspended our account due to their change in stance that the products we sell violate their internal policy. Mail in money order / cashiers checks are the only payment we can accept at the moment. Please be sure that you include your order details, USPS shipping address, email, and phone number. We will begin the process of setting up a alternative merchant account to process online credit card orders. If you have placed an order and recieved confirmation from Paypal that the transaction was successful your order will be shipped out without delay. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Mail orders to :
Red Lion Precision, LLC
380 Boxwood Road
Red Lion, PA 17356

What a PITA.

·
Registered
45 Posts
That's ridiculous. I'm contacting PayPal to tell them that I have very little interest in continuing a relationship with a company that bans certain types of commerce based on their political views. I can understand firearms for the legal issues involved but not accessories and parts. I'm sure PayPal accepts payment for drug paraphernalia still.

·
Registered
53 Posts
FYI, I placed my order and got the notification that their PP account had been shutdown so I called and left a message and they couldn't be bothered to return my call. Luckily I went back to their page and refreshed and saw their update:

As of the morning of 5-15-12 were are without a merchant account to accept online orders as without notice Paypal suspended our account due to their change in stance that the products we sell violate their internal policy. Mail in money order / cashiers checks are the only payment we can accept at the moment. Please be sure that you include your order details, USPS shipping address, email, and phone number. We will begin the process of setting up a alternative merchant account to process online credit card orders. If you have placed an order and recieved confirmation from Paypal that the transaction was successful your order will be shipped out without delay. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Mail orders to :
Red Lion Precision, LLC
380 Boxwood Road
Red Lion, PA 17356

What a PITA.
I just got off the phone with them (05/18/2012) to place an order they were very helpful with all of my questions.
They also have up a new(?) phone number

Please note our phone # has changed to (717)-501-4253.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thx. I used the new number but never a callback which i noted on my invoice that i included with postal m.o. Not even a followup email. They accepting card by phone now?

·
Registered
4,062 Posts

Mail orders to :
Red Lion Precision, LLC
380 Boxwood Road
Red Lion, PA 17356

What a PITA.
I got my order in with PayPal just under the wire, but they couldn't refund me $5 overcharge on combined shipping so they just sent a $5 bill with the shipment.

Have to reconsider Paypal use on general principle, but it is very convenient.... I notice the Kel Tec web site still takes PayPal - go figure....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts