Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is anyone here using the Red Lion Forearm? If so, does it lock into place solid and give a solid repeatable zero when using an optical device?.

I have read that the Midwest Industries rotating mount does not re zero very good. That is my reason for inquiring about the indexing Red Lion mount.
Trying to learn and prepare for a new Sub 2000 purchase, in case I decide to use optics at some point and time.
Thanks boo

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yea - plenty of folks with the RL forend. I can tell you from my experience that the indexing is quite solid and locks into place firmly. I'm very happy with it so far.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/product-p/mi-g2sub-t2.htm

Truly a flip mount specifically designed for Sub 2000 but there's been mixed reviews on its effectiveness to hold zero.
I am familiar with this mount. Ingenious design but have read that some are not pleased with re zero with this mount. If i`m going to lay out big bucks for a mount or forearm, i would like it to lock up solid and give a good repeatable zero.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am familiar with this mount. Ingenious design but have read that some are not pleased with re zero with this mount. If i`m going to lay out big bucks for a mount or forearm, i would like it to lock up solid and give a good repeatable zero.
Totally agree - I actually returned my MI mount and stuck with the Red Lion forend with a standard red dot mount.

Red Lion forend has shown to be reliable with detents that lock into place firmly.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
I have a Red Lion Precision forend on my Gen 1 and on my Gen 2. I rotate them often trying out different combinations of accessories (just to amuse myself) or to fold with the sight remaining on the forend. They always return to zero when rotated back to normal. I am VERY pleased with the RLP forends.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the red lion forend. I love it.. you MUST tighten all your screws very solid, the metals are so smooth, has a couple come loose after shooting.. but a little more push did the trick. Everything installed easily, and looks very nive.. one con though, it's pretty heavy compared to original stock, but who cares :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.