5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Administrator
32,080 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
I would assume something small. I have a Sig Romeo Zero on the way for another project. I'll kinda mock it up. Supposed to be here Saturday.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No I haven't, I came here hoping to find someone who had done it that might provide some insight and recommendations on what was working.

·
Registered
880 Posts
No but its the most secure repeatable way to mount a red dot to a pistol. The Sig Romeo Zero im getting is for my 10mm EAA Witness. It will be milled.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Keep in mind that most pistols have flat topped slides while the rear portion of the P-11 slide is shaped more like a pyramid.

You can remove the firing pin retention screw and gauge the thickness of the slide. It is quite thin IMO. I doubt you could mill it successfully without weakening it excessively.

BTW, a comparably priced competing brand of pistol does offer a RDS model which is quite similar.

·
Registered
880 Posts
So my site came today. Looking at it and the P11 I think Yankee_Rebel is right. The site is .950" wide and the slide is 1.050" wide. The slide would have to be milled all the way to the hammer slot in the slide before the site could be bolted on.

As for the site, I like it. I'm not a fan of the packaging and I had a positive surprise when I saw the steel shield in the packaging.

·
Registered
592 Posts
what is the recommended red dot sight on the P-11?
I myself are pretty much not a red dot guy on little concealed carry gun. not sure how useful it is at close and perhaps shooting from the waist on the way up to a proper hold and the trade off of a sub compact and then adding an inch or so in a bump on top the gun. a little laser sight in the grip i can see(haha little joke) as I present the gun so i like that but I think if you have time to use a red dot you also have time for regular sights. All just my opinion and to be honest, i have a red dot on both my KS7 and .300 BO pistol....

·
Registered
922 Posts
The sig romeo is what I’m planning on putting on a ruger max-9 when the pro model is available at less than msrp

1 - 16 of 16 Posts