Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i purchased a p11 a few weeks ago, haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but upon tearing it down i noticed it had a single recoil spring. i noticed that the p11s i see here on the forum have double springs. the serial# is awxxx so i don't think it is an early production model, and i was wondering if this is ok to fire. the recoil spring has plenty of resistance,i can barley lock the slide back. does anyone have any info on this? thnx...... countybob

·
Administrator
31,979 Posts
The P11 requires a double set of springs. Call KT and they send them to you free.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Definatly needs 2 springs. While your at it may has well get a spare set.

It appears you purchased used? if so there could be some kind of spring change done by the original owner.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
the recoil spring has plenty of resistance,i can barley lock the slide back. does anyone have any info on this? thnx...... countybob
If you did buy Pre-Owned and the single spring has that much resistance, I'm betting the original owner swapped out the factory springs for Wolff brand gunsprings.

You should be able to tell withing a couple shots if the single spring in your P-11 will function properly or not, but you'd be better off with factory springs.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
My used p11 only had one recoil spring, found out after i had fired it on the way home before stripping the pistol. Did'nt hurt the pistol any, but i was having feeding or going into battery problems.

I did'nt fire it agian until i got new springs from KT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts