Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a new to me (used) P32 and as cleaning it noticed that the recoil spring hole was drilled off center of the slide. The recoil rod (plastic) does have a slight bow to it but the springs are straight and the pistol functioned as normal when test firing two clips thru it at the range. Does anyone else have the same thing and is normal or am I looking at future malfunctions.. I contacted Keltec but have not heard back yet.. Here are some pics and it is a 2nd Gen..

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Mine is about a zootimeter right of center. Functions fine after 5+ years.
Not to worry about the guide rod bowing. It needs to flex a little and no one has ever reported a broken one afaik.

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
I think you should be fine. The recoil rod will usually have a bow to it after some use but I can't recall ever hearing of one braking. I would just make sure it's clean and lubed, they usually like a little grease, and run a few boxes of ammo through it. Then test your carry ammo of choice and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well that is what I wanted to here. Thanks for the help. I guess when people say grease they mean real grease not liquid type gun lube.. I do have a can of the wax style chain spray lube left over from when I had the motorcycles and did read on here somewhere somebody did say that is a choice, may have a use for that can now......

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a PF-9 and a Taurus TCP 380, so I decided to get a P32 to have.

I love the p32 so much because it is less weight and a great pocket pistol that it gets carried almost daily in a Nemesis Pocket Holster in my right front pocket no matter what.

Even when I carry the PF-9 in a OWB holster, the little P32 is in my pocket.
I feel lost without it.

Ron

Sacs Longchamp

1 - 7 of 7 Posts