Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only purchased the minimun amount of those washers and have now exhausted my supply. 16 members requested them due to slide peening.

However, Nu_Agin_Shooter has agreed to purchase a large quantity and distribute them to KTOGers.

For those few that received the washers, please post your impressions.
------
I have installed them in both my P3AT and P32 even though they had no peening. I think the benefits include;
it provides a smoother bushing for the slide,
keeps the springs seated better, and
allows to tune the spring compression for maximum compression

G

·
Re: Recoil rod guide bushing (Washers for Slide Pe

I should get washers before the end of this week, and be able to start sending them out next week.

I will post in the trading post section instructions, disclaimers, and misc info today or Wednesday am.

To cover cost of stamps, shipping, washers, envelopes etc. I will be asking $5 for 10 washers.  

Please do not ask for 3 washers for $2 or anything like that.  I like to keep it simple.

$5 = 10 washers.

Check the Trading Post Wednesday PM for my detailed post.

·
Registered
20 Posts

Nu_Agin_Shooter said:
I should get washers before the end of this week, and be able to start sending them out next week.

I will post in the trading post section instructions, disclaimers, and misc info today or Wednesday am.

To cover cost of stamps, shipping, washers, envelopes etc. I will be asking $5 for 10 washers.  

Please do not ask for 3 washers for $2 or anything like that.  I like to keep it simple.

$5 = 10 washers.

Check the Trading Post Wednesday PM for my detailed post.
Cool, count me in for 10. ;D

·
Registered
3,936 Posts

My P3AT functioned flawlessly before my spring/penning issues, after installing the washer JFB so kindly supplied to me, it's back to it's old reliable self. 500+ rounds so far without a single hitch and on inspecting the washer no apparent wear or increase in slide penning. :)

·
Registered
11,201 Posts

FWIW - I did not do any sanding on my washers. There is a very slight lip around the inner hole that JFB thinks is great for the spring to rest on. For me it was great to fill the little bit of the taper towards the slide so I put mine in "backwards."

I guess that probably means I am not distributing the forces as well as I could if I matched the taper of my slide 100%, but it is working great and you will have 9 more washers to play with if you want.

-Scott

·
Registered
996 Posts

JFB said:
For those few that received the washers, please post your impressions.
I have confidence that the washer mod at best is a permanent fix, and at worse will
delay the peening for a very long time. This weekend I’ll put another 50-100 rounds
through my baby, and I’ll post a picture so you can judge for yourself. Even if I get
a new slide, I’ll still put a washer in it. I put in the washer at the 400 round mark.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

DanHfmn said:
Does anyone have a picture of they're sanded/tapered washer?

This one has been sanded/filed to fit a drilled hole. the blue line shows the original size.

G

·

Very nice JFB.

If you promise not to shoot me with one of your Kel Tecs, I will steal this picture and use it in my post!

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Go ahaead, I stoled it from some else (thanks capt45). Just touched it up a little

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.