Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

Recoil pads

20K views 46 replies 18 participants last post by  dfariswheel 
#1 ·
What pad has anyone tried? Limbsaver slip on from mcarbo or Walmart? Extended pad from kel tec?

#6 ·
sch 40 PVC base, some 1" pretty rigid black open cell foam(what i found laying around from an amazon box), laminate the whole thing together with Goo glue, an Goo it onto the original pad. Cost zero. time about 30 min except for cure time. Stuck on like a barnacle on your outdrive. If i didn't like it i knew i could cut it to a better size or slowly peel it all apart with no damage to the original pad. But insane good recoil reduction and raises it on my shoulder to give a good cheek weld. even full size buck shells are easy to take. when i shot full length buck last time my shoulder hurt for a couple days. now just a hard shove.
PS there is a whole thread about butt pads but I think it is on KSG not KS7 posts

#11 ·
Upgraded to the KT Extended butt-pad, definitely feels a lot softer over the OEM

Reactions: 126342 and JokieDog
#25 ·
Installation of the Kel-Tech extended-wider butt pad is easy.
The entire assembly is composed of just the two halves of the stock, the shell lifter, and the butt pad.

The pad comes with an Allen wrench to fit the stock bolts.
All that's needed is to unscrew the bolts, separate the two halves, slip the old pad out and the new pad in the groove, put the two halves back together and replace the bolts and nuts.

Only one bolt is longer then the others so getting them back in the right hole is not hard, and it's not terribly difficult to get the small lock nuts back in the holes and the bolts replaced and tightened.

#26 ·
Yep, pretty simple swap out. As above stated, one bolt is longer than the rest, best to remember where each bolt came from. Taking my time, it took me approx 15min

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.