Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Great photo. It tells me that, if I have to trim at all, it will only be about 1/8" to 1/4" in a small area. I believe you have the KT extended recoil pad installed from the appearance of the slip-on. Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Apologies for dusting off this old post. New owner here - wanted to confirm that to upgrade to the extended butt pad would require removing the stock and separating the two halves? I am not terribly mechanically inclined. Thanks in advance.

Upgraded to the KT Extended butt-pad, definitely feels a lot softer over the OEM

·
Registered
343 Posts
Installation of the Kel-Tech extended-wider butt pad is easy.
The entire assembly is composed of just the two halves of the stock, the shell lifter, and the butt pad.

The pad comes with an Allen wrench to fit the stock bolts.
All that's needed is to unscrew the bolts, separate the two halves, slip the old pad out and the new pad in the groove, put the two halves back together and replace the bolts and nuts.

Only one bolt is longer then the others so getting them back in the right hole is not hard, and it's not terribly difficult to get the small lock nuts back in the holes and the bolts replaced and tightened.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Yep, pretty simple swap out. As above stated, one bolt is longer than the rest, best to remember where each bolt came from. Taking my time, it took me approx 15min

·
Registered
892 Posts
Hmm, yesterday I checked out how the stock buttpad was held in place. Using a flat blade screwdriver I was able to pry it out, or at least get it started in a pretty big way. I "removed" approx' 1/4 of the stock butt pad. Using the same screwdriver I just pushed the flange of the buttpad back into place in its' (I assume) groove.

You folks who disassembled it, is it indeed held in a groove? Is there no reason my method wouldn't work?

·
Registered
343 Posts
The factory pads fit into a groove that runs all the way around the two halves.

I would NOT try prying the pad out and attempting to force another one in.
There's too high a risk of scarring or even breaking the plastic stock.

In any case, disassembling the stock to remove the original pad and installing a thicker one is extremely easy and simple.
If you just don't feel good about doing it yourself, a local gunsmith or even a buddy could do it for you.

Don't make things harder then they need to be.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Installation of the Kel-Tech extended-wider butt pad is easy.
The entire assembly is composed of just the two halves of the stock, the shell lifter, and the butt pad.

The pad comes with an Allen wrench to fit the stock bolts.
All that's needed is to unscrew the bolts, separate the two halves, slip the old pad out and the new pad in the groove, put the two halves back together and replace the bolts and nuts.

Only one bolt is longer then the others so getting them back in the right hole is not hard, and it's not terribly difficult to get the small lock nuts back in the holes and the bolts replaced and tightened.
Thanks all for the feedback! Follow up question - does the stock have to be pulled out to disassemble the two halves that hold the pad?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Thanks all for the feedback! Follow up question - does the stock have to be pulled out to disassemble the two halves that hold the pad?
YES.
You can't get to all the screws with it in the rifle, and the two halves will not separate with it in the gun.

Just take the stock assembly out and use the Allen wrench included with the Kel-Tec factory thicker pad to unscrew the bolts.

Put the stock on a table, right side up and unscrew the bolts one at a time, making sure not to lose the small lock nuts on the left side. Usually the nuts will drop out, but some may stick in place.
Separate the stock halves and pull out the pad, install the new pad and put it back together.

·
Registered
8 Posts
New guy question:

I'm looking at the Hi-Tec cheek rest/shell card combo. If i go with a slip on limbsaver type cover, will the limbsaver stretch over over the rear straps of the Hi-Tec shell card?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Get the kt extended butt pad and the slip on recoil pad from mcarbo.

The mcarbo slip on doesn't move around. says put.

This will give max comfort.
hi, I know this is an old post, but does the KSG mcarbo butt pad fit the KS7 ? because the mcarbo web site does not list a pad for the KS7,it shows one, and it says it's for the KSG, KEL TEC KSG Recoil Pad - Slip-on KSG Recoil Pad

·
Registered
17 Posts
so I found that the Limbsaver from MCARBO did not fit good on the Keltec ext butt pad that I have, So I tried the MED size Pachmayr Decelerator Slip On Recoil Pad from https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WSUZ50/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 , and I liked it way better, it's fits better and looks better and the combo of the KSG extended butt-pad and the med size Pachmayr work perfect for my old shoulder. you can see how the limbsaver fits and looks above this post, and this is how the Pachmayr looks.I fired about 100 rounds through it with the Pachmayr pad on and it felt great and no slippage at all

·
Registered
9 Posts
Standard vs. Extended KelTec pads. I wasn't aware of how much wider the extended pad was compared to tapered std. pad bottom half.

so it is thicker and overall wider (that is an allen wrench used to keep the pads on side)

21 - 40 of 42 Posts