Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Full disclosure greg tanner ,the maker of the p17 red dot mount, asked me to try his recoil pad weeks ago.
I am not getting any money from him. I told him when he was ready I would give my review.

I am a recoil wuss. I believe that shooting should be comfortable. You should be able to shoot and go home without pain or bruises.
Both the ksg and ks7 are lacking with the OEM recoil pad. I have purchased the extended kel tec recoil pads and added the Mcarbo slip on to shoot them both. It made for what I thought was the best pad combo to shoot comfortably.

Well I tried Greg's pad thinking we will see if it could make the experience any better. Believe me I was super skeptical.

It mounted the same as the OEM pad. No gaps. The CNC adaptor is slick and well.made. no sharp edges. I thought the limb saver pad alone would not mitigate recoil well.

I was super impressed. It is the best system for absorbing recoil I have tried on the ks7. Nice soft push back.

The final test was to have a new shooter, my uncle try it.
My uncle had tried my ks7 with my old set up months ago. He complained about how it hurt.
I had him try this setup out. He if course didnt want too. After some convincing he did. He had no complaints. In fact he said it was enjoyable. First time he went through 14 rounds instead of one or two.

That's when I was sold.
I can attest to the effectiveness of this system.

Price point is very good compared to buying a kel tec extended pad and a slip on. Especially when it still leaves you feeling like there has to be something better.
Now I dont have to worry.about the slip on moving.
Plus it looks good too.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Full disclosure greg tanner ,the maker of the p17 red dot mount, asked me to try his recoil pad weeks ago.
I am not getting any money from him. I told him when he was ready I would give my review.

I am a recoil wuss. I believe that shooting should be comfortable. You should be able to shoot and go home without pain or bruises.
Both the ksg and ks7 are lacking with the OEM recoil pad. I have purchased the extended kel tec recoil pads and added the Mcarbo slip on to shoot them both. It made for what I thought was the best pad combo to shoot comfortably.

Well I tried Greg's pad thinking we will see if it could make the experience any better. Believe me I was super skeptical.

It mounted the same as the OEM pad. No gaps. The CNC adaptor is slick and well.made. no sharp edges. I thought the limb saver pad alone would not mitigate recoil well.

I was super impressed. It is the best system for absorbing recoil I have tried on the ks7. Nice soft push back.

My uncle had tried my ks7 with my old set up months ago. He complained about how it hurt.
I had him try this setup out. He if course didnt want too. After some convincing he did. He had no complaints. In fact he said it was enjoyable. First time he went through 14 rounds instead of one or two.

That's when I was sold.

Price point is very good compared to buying a kel tec extended pad and a slip on. Especially when it still leaves you feeling like there has to be something better.
Plus it looks good too.
Link please

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The other neat thing is if you just get the adaptor you can put your favorite recoil pad. Of course providing it fits.

Look in Trading post

·
Registered
237 Posts
Mounted it this evening after forgetting it! Ugh
I had a slip on for today and it worked fine. Just not as refined and sturdy, I like that it makes a larger surface area along with the limbsaver.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the detailed pictures, looks like a good solution. I was just about resigned to getting slip-on pad, but it that looks ugly to me.

·
Registered
1 Posts

That's when I was sold.

Plus it looks good too.
Can you tell me what you were shooting? Birdshot, Buckshot, slugs or all three? Thank you so much for the review!

·
Registered
380 Posts
The (much) cheaper factory recoil pads seem to be very effective.
Kel-Tec offers a wider-thicker pad, and a new elastomeric pad that's very soft.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I bought Kel-Tec's thicker butt pad just last month. It is about 1/4 thicker at the top and middle than the pad that comes on the KS7 from the factory, and is the same thickness at the bottom. It is neither wider nor longer than the pad that comes with the gun.

·
Registered
380 Posts
The Kel-Tec optional pad is both thicker and wider then the stock pad.

Look at the comparison in post #40.........

·
Registered
54 Posts
What is pictured in post #40 (10 months ago) is evidently not what Kel-Tec is selling now. I bought mine from them three weeks ago, and what they sent me is as I described it in post #17 above. I did a side-by-side comparison of the original pad and the replacement pad, and I assure you that I know how to read a ruler.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Things change, often without notice.

I had heard something about Kel-Tec selling a new recoil pad that was so soft the buyer wondered if it might start to come apart with use.
I don't see anything on their web site about this, but the picture on the parts section looks like the older optional wider pad.

I suspect that you can still buy the older wide pad from online companies like Bullpup Armory, and on Amazon.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts