Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to an estate auction last week to view some firearms. To my surprise, two of the guns I handled were loaded with a round in the chamber. Therefore, "No gun is assumed safe, even when unloaded" surely applies here. People were pointing these guns every which way. Owner said he checked them all!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yikes! That will up the pucker factor every time. :eek:

·
Registered
67 Posts
good gracious that's scary. At my last job as an instructor, we had probably 75-100 rental guns that would get moved around, rented, taken back, cleaned, and just fiddled with. We'd play 'games' with each other by loading a spent casing into the chamber, in a completely random gun without anybody knowing about it. Then whenever somebody picked that gun up, if they did what they're supposed to and check the chamber, a spent piece of brass would come flying out. It kept us on our toes.

·
Registered
595 Posts
It's a good thing those guns went to someone else.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I went to an estate auction last week to view some firearms. To my surprise, two of the guns I handled were loaded with a round in the chamber. Therefore, "No gun is assumed safe, even when unloaded" surely applies here. People were pointing these guns every which way. Owner said he checked them all!
Gad! That is scary.

A while back a friend and I went to visit a mutual friend. During the visit, the fellow opened a desk drawer and pulled out a Kimber .45 ACP. He handed it to me and said "It's not loaded". Of course, I pushed the magazine release and out came a magazine, full up. Then I racked the slide and caught the round coming out.

I handed the magazine and extra round to the owner, then spent a bit of time admiring his gun.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
you can't be to care full , all ways check to see if a gun is loaded

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I do not care who tells me it is unloaded. Ain't no such thing as an unloaded gun... To me. I even check the ones I unloaded, just in case I was mistaken.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow its just so crazy to me that something like that could happen.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."---Albert Einstein

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yep in my many years of handling weapons I have seen it more than once. Its easy to make a mistake and thats the reason we check and double check all guns we handle.

I have screwed up a couple of times and that has make me always check twice when I play with my weapons. Learned my lesson the hard way.

·
Registered
286 Posts
The person who taught me to shoot said unloaded guns kill a lot of people.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts