Re: Wallpaper for P3AT fans

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by bro61, Apr 23, 2009.

1. bro61

bro61 New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    I like it, but tell me that's not really a quote of Bill Ruger. I always thought he was one of the great minds in firearms. If he really said that I may have to re-think my opinion of him.

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Any proof that is a BR quote?

3. Oleg_Volk

Oleg_Volk Active Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Would a bunch of Google matches for "No honest man needs a handgun smaller than a canned ham" do?

4. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    When put in quotes, I only got a few hits and they all were post from other gun boards,

5. devicemanager

devicemanager New Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Search for the EXACT quote and not all words.

6. Oleg_Volk

Oleg_Volk Active Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Do you think the quote is apocryphal?

7. Loganspawn

Loganspawn New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Would make a great LCP advertisement huh.

8. Oleg_Volk

Oleg_Volk Active Member

Mar 5, 2009
    I will remove it until the authenticity of the phrase can be verified.

9. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    The closest I come to finding is related to the "Ruger Letter" of 30 March 1989 and the following interview with NBCs Tom Brokaw where he said "no honest man needs more than 10 rounds in any gun…"

10. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Moderator Supporter

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    Well, Bill Ruger did say that civilians should have a restriction on magazine capacity.  I've heard that restriction described as 5, 10 or 15 rounds. He went on ABC and in front of Congress saying these sorts of things. He wrote these things in letters to all 535 members of Congress on behalf of gun manufacturers. He was in a very real way responsible for the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and 10 round magazine capacity limit we all lived with for ten years. IMO, with friends like that, we don't need enemies.

Try THIS Google search: http://www.google.com/search?q="Bill+Ruger"+"gun+control"

This is an interesting read:
    http://www.thegunzone.com/rkba/papabill.html

L4E - not a fan of Bill.

11. Bunker

Bunker New Member

Dec 7, 2008
    L4E:

I was upset with Ol' Bill long before the AWB.. Seems as though Bill decided that the Ruger-paid employee health insurance wouldn't cover motorcyclists injured while not wearing a helmet in a state that had no helmet laws, but that skydivers, skiers, car racers or other forms of recreation were ok.. It seemed discriminatory to me, and I wrote them to that effect.. My reply was a gracious reply of "so what?" buried deeply in a few paragraphs from Corporate.. .. Sooo...I traded off my 10-22's and my MKII's for AMT firearm replacements, knowing that AMT was a thorn in their side by making high-quality all-stainless knockoffs back then.. I wrote them of what I had done and that I'd never buy another Ruger again..

Sometimes I need a very tall ladder to get down from my high horse..