Re: SOLD! - SU-16 Compact Forend $35

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Liberty4Ever, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Moderator Supporter

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    I bought the compact forend for the SU-16 on the Trading Post, maybe a year ago. I just installed it last night. I decided I didn't like it as much on the SU-16 as I do on the PLR-16 and SU-22. My loss is your gain!

This is the same SU-920 that Kel-Tec sells for $47.70 plus shipping.

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/cart2/product_info.php?cPath=9_19&products_id=180

Included is everything but the original plastic ziplock bag, but there is a heavy duty ziplock bag replacement. It includes all of the original parts and the instruction sheet, although I'd recommend following the much more detailed KTOG instructions with full color pictures, as provided by the most awesome Bam_Bam.

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1232423897/0#4

Be the first to post "I'll take it!" and I'll PM you an email address for a $35 PayPal transfer, or I can email you a PayPal invoice. You don't need a PayPal account. PayPal accepts all major credit cards and echecks drawn on your bank. Same day USPS 1st Class shipping if you beat the 5:30 PM mail cutoff.

If you want the SU-16 compact forend, this should save you about $18.  :cool:

2. Ape

Ape New Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Colorado
    Re: WTS - SU-16 Compact Forend $35 - FREE Shipping

DANG YOU L4E!!!!! >:(

I'll take it!

3. Liberty4Ever

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    You got it!

PM sent.

Thanks!

4. Ape

Ape New Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Colorado
    Received it today! Thanks Mr Tacticool! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

5. Liberty4Ever

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    I hope you like it!

I received a very nice MagPul Angled Forend Grip from Midway yesterday and was disappointed to learn that I'd need to do some belt sanding to make it fit a Kel-Tec poymer forend, which is too fat on the bottom. The bottom sides of the compact forend interfere with the top flanges on the MagPul AFG. So, don't get the AFG for your compact forend unless you don't mind doing some artful belt sanding.  :(

I probably should have searched the SU-16 forum before ordering the MagPul AFG. I bet I wasn't the first KTOGger to have this disappointment, and I probably missed the opportunity to learn from someone else's misfortune.

6. Ape

Ape New Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Colorado
    Advice noted! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I don't plan on using an angled forend grip, but I was planning on putting a foregrip with expandable bipod legs in it. So I guess I should go do a search and make sure there aren't any issues with that? :-/

7. Liberty4Ever

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    Just make sure the compact forend is secure before adding the VFG. On the SU-22 and PLRs, the compact forend is secured by tightening down on a knurled nut in front of the gas block (or what looks like a gas block on the .22s). On the SU-16, the compact forend is captured by some semicircular pieces with a spring clip. On some, there is enough play that the torque from a VFG could be enough to detach the lower half of the compact forend. I hope the forend is tight on your SU, but you could always shim it to make it solid.

8. Ape

Ape New Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Colorado
    Well I have it all installed and it does have a little movement to it.  :-/  So I'll have to see how the VFG effects it once I get one.
    I also installed a new one piece see through high mount for my scope so I could put my rear iron sight back on as a back up. And it works, but you really have to get down on the butt stock to use it.  :-/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You can see the rear sight here with the front post showing.
    [​IMG]