Re: New P3AT owner

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by eric98, Jan 1, 2008.

1. eric98

eric98 New Member

Jan 1, 2008
    New owner here. Brother is a LEO and got me one for a birthday present for concealed carry. He carries one on and off duty.  My problem is the takedown pin works loose after the 3rd-4th round about 1/3 the way out.  Have to stop shooting and push it back in.  (Ha!  I'll remember that in a firefight! ) Accuracy is suprisingly good for the little bugger.  Took it back to the dealer and one of the hired help took it back to the rear of the store and tinkered with it for ten minutes or so and said " I adjusted it so it should be ok." (Heh Heh)  I put 100 rounds thru it but not since the "adjustment".  Anyway, I like the way it fits in my front pocket.  Just imagine if all law abiding Americans had one in the pocket/ purse.  Hmmm....

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Welcome to KTOG

The assembly pin should have a reduced diameter just behind the head.

The hole in the frame should also have a hair pin that you can see in the hole the pin goes.

the pin should go far enough into the frame till the reduced diameter snaps by the hair pin.

It could be there is some flashing on the grip that prevents this.

Once snapped in, the head of the pin should now only pull out with finger nail about 0.010"