Re-Installing the Hammer Block

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by camoxjeep, Mar 27, 2009.

1. camoxjeep

camoxjeep New Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Well, while doing the fluff and bluff I removed the hammer block :-/ and spring. (I know now why I wasnt supposed too) Now that I'm done I need to reinstall this thing. Any "easier" way to reinstall? The F & B came out pretty good. A couple hours work was no problem. Now getting it all back together  ;) thanks

2. Moose

Moose New Member

Jun 22, 2005
    Don't know where it is, but use the search and you'll find the thread about it.

3. camoxjeep

camoxjeep New Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Just found the tread, worked perfectly. thanks

4. Moose

Moose New Member

Jun 22, 2005
    I'll be doing just that soon, Keltec is sending me the new hammer block and spring.
    I've got an early 2nd gen model.

5. kbizzle

kbizzle New Member

Oct 21, 2008
    yup, just accidentally knocked out the pin while trying to install a metal mag catch this afternoon!  the thing is i knew not to do it but a momentary lapse in concentration allowed me to knock out the pin in a split second.  wow - that was a fun time  :-[.  i used a 90 degree pick punch to line up the hammer block and spring with the holes and it eventually worked - phew!  i'd never disassembled the frame before and it would've been easy had it not been for the hammer block pin fiasco.

the new metal mag catch from DaveNC is fantastic.  i decided the $40 was worth it after reading Junior's experience with the plastic catch in a real life threatening situation.  

6. camoxjeep

camoxjeep New Member

Mar 25, 2009
    When I found the link to install this it only took me a couple secs to put it back in. When I did the fluff and buff I also removed the mag release and scraped off all the excess material and sanded it a tad to make it move smoother. Seemed to help a little.