Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link, but my problem is the whole hammer block assembly needs to be put back in... I can't seem to be able to keep the sping in the hole and put tension on it so that I can get it in the frame.

DP

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the link, you sure saved my bacon.

I emailed Kel Tec for tips but all they would do is tell me to send it back to them.

When the wife heard that I was planning to spend 30-40 dollars to fix a gun I just bought 3 days before, she was "not happy" to put it mildly.

So I'm glad it's back together... now for some range time to see if the trigger will unlock the hammer block or if I'm still hosed. Not very hopeful, though.

Thanks again,
DP

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, don't have to go to the range after all... the trigger quit releasing the hammer block again....

Of course, I can get it to fire by pulling the trigger all the way back, letting it creep forward about 16in and then pulling it again, but that would really suck in a gunfight.

DP

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
Are you cycling the slide each time you pull the trigger?

The slide has to move to the rear at least a 1/4" or so to re-set the hammer block each time the trigger is pulled.
Otherwise, it won't work, just like yours.

rcmodel

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
Deepmine said:
Well, don't have to go to the range after all... the trigger quit releasing the hammer block again....

Of course, I can get it to fire by pulling the trigger all the way back, letting it creep forward about 16in and then pulling it again, but that would really suck in a gunfight.

DP
  It's time to get yourself a  new grip. Call KT service on Monday: 1-800-515-9983.

Explain the problem and ask them to send you a free new grip with hammer block already installed. They may also send a Post-paid envelope for you to return the old grip, but I doubt it.

BTW: If you have any hankering for a different color grip, ( Black, Gray or Green available. ) now is the time.

You should be up and running again by Thursday!

Packer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.