Re: FAQs & VIPs (Very Important Posts)

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by JFB, Mar 6, 2008.

1. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    There has been some intrest in providing a FAQ thread for each section. *
    Please notice at the top of the index

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1204773333/0

This is my attempt at an FAQ, however it is pretty meagre at this time. *
    If you have any suggestions please lets here them

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2011
  2. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX

Nice job zeke.

Holsters? I know it's a sticky in Accessories already but there are endless questions about them in every room

dry firing / snap caps?

3. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005

OK, I found a post related to dry firing and added. IF you know of a better post, let me know. I saw that post had cross links to several others, so It might do.

As for holsters, I don't know a decent post right now. ( I have what i like and don't read those ;) )

Now besides ADDING, you can also suggest changing to a better thread for a topic, and removing a topic.

THANKS

4. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX

That looks like a great dry fire link, thanks. Almost any technical post where 2PP chimes in or there may be a cross link to one of his threads or ktwm or rcmodel or many others seems a great choice to me. IMO this board is not always about supplying THE answer but rather enough information to make your own decision, that's what makes it a great resource.

The holster thread I was thinking of was this one http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1101742222 but I can understand if you are looking for something a little more specific to the P3.

Either way I still think what you've started here is great, there's a lot knowledge in these posts and some of them are older ones that tend to drift down and get forgotten.

I also like the way you have stuck to technical threads and avoided the emotional and purely subjective topics, at least I'm assuming that was on purpose ;)

5. Bobo

Bobo Well-Known Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005

All I can say is -- GREAT IDEA! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

6. Re: FAQs & VIPs (Very Important Posts)

I know fluff and buff is not that hard to find.... but if I create a new thread with all of the links outside of Kel-Tec......would it be a candidate? I think I already have them all in one file at the office. I could do it Monday.

I know the thread titled "what should I do before I carry"...has some of them....maybe just retitle that thread to include the words fluff and buff?

7. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005

The reason I thought about a FAQ, I have a hard time finding the F&B/Lube links when I want to post them ;D

I added a note after the quote to tell what info is in the replies.   That should help with the usefulness, thanks for the ideal.

N_A_S,if you have links related to gun prep, you can put them there or just start a new post and I can replace the one I have referanced now to it. There is nothing special about that one if a better one is available

To make the existing thread more on topic, What do you all think about moving the off topic couple posts about "what is in pocket" to a seperate post?

8. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX

I'm not sure I understand which threads are "what is in pocket", maybe I'm not even sure which thread. But I could just be slow this morning and need more coffee.

However, I don't think the existing thread is too busy or too long yet and if you are getting concerned about clutter what about breaking it into "sections" with some BIG BOLD LETTERS ? Like ...

FEED AND CARE

ACCESSORIES

TROUBLESHOOTING

SAFETY AND CARRY

9. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005

thanks,

The FAQ is a work in progress and subject to be changed based upon these suggestions. I like the ideal of Sections with bold headers and have an ideal how to orginize and make work.

But right now I am still thinking about the subjects, like the four you suggested. right now i have one thread for what I was considering a subject/section. Once WE (KTOGers) come up with the subjects, I could also have multiple threads for each subject, hopefully with the best one first.

10. Re: FAQs & VIPs (Very Important Posts)

Along the lines of what is in your pocket......

This was one of my first post....

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1173370057/0

and it generated a few pages of responses.  I have since changed "whats in my pocket" based on what others carry.

Those types of threads are always interesting and sometimes morph to include many discussions about accessories.

11. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX

Ah, I remember seeing that one now. I enjoyed it but didn't participate due to feelings of ... inadequacy, after seeing the arsenal in Setvil's pockets ;)

12. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas

Here are some links that definately fit in somewhere:

Goldenloki has a great illustrated F&B and lubrication guide.
    http://www.goldenloki.com/guns/keltec/keltec.htm

And of course YZ's 1bad69 page that I sometimes call Encyclopedia Kel-tec.  Everything here is pre-2nd gen P3 and PF-9, but there is loads of good information that still applies to the current pistols.
    http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/index.htm

I forget this guys name.  He's an old ktoger and keeps an oldie but goodie geocities page on Kel-tecs.  He has a good pictoral on disassembly of a P32 that includes that mag catch.  He also shows the orginal P32 grip colors, FWIW.
    http://www.geocities.com/pocketguns/

13. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005

OK, some changes have been made.
    the first post is an index that list 3 Categories
    each category is a seperate post that has the related links

14. dboat

dboat New Member

Feb 7, 2008

I do have a couple of links to a vid of a guy breaking down a P3AT for cleaning and putting it back together, do you need them?
    Dana

15. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005

is this them?  I just found with google and since I have dial up it will be a couple hours before I can view ;D ;D ;D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SkU2eDPBes[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn0iM06KhHw&feature=related[/ame]

Is there a way to save these to your hard drive?

16. dboat

dboat New Member

Feb 7, 2008

I had the first one but dont know how to download them though.. but I thought it was pretty well done. The visual makes it a lot easier to figure out.

Dana

17. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005

well with dial up, I gaveup and could not view them.

However, I found the vids already posted and a link has been made (in the technical cat)

(Thanks Zeke ;))

18. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas

Bump! :)

19. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX

The format looks great JFB, much better than a bunch of bold text like the lame suggestions from some people. ::)

This way it's also easier to add new sections.

Thanks!

20. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005

I need some feedback concern the FAQ.

IF you click on one of the 3 subject links, does your screen go to that section OR does it open another page?