Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took possession of Z0M54.
Appears to have the needed improvements.
Action spring housing weld, ejector pin, and it appears the take down pins may have guards to prevent burns.

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
My retaining pin O-ring had a little "crack" in it along the perimeter. Was perfectly functional (a.k.a. cosmetic only) but I contacted Kel-Tec and they fired off an envelope with 3 free replacements anyway.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yep. Looks like Keltec did those updates a good bit ago maybe. My is Z0QXX serial born 3/16/17 that has all that.

I was actually quite surprised how hefty the bolt actually weights compared to an AR bolt. I don't know what steel they used but it is dense/heavy.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yep. Looks like Keltec did those updates a good bit ago maybe. My is Z0QXX serial born 3/16/17 that has all that.

I was actually quite surprised how hefty the bolt actually weights compared to an AR bolt. I don't know what steel they used but it is dense/heavy.
yeah the new bolt finish is definitely different. and looking at the photo the bolt carrier assembly and action spring housing seem to use the current process and updated finish or materials.

definitely looks like an improvement. was hoping iamscottasus would snap a photo of the entire bolt assembly group...the action housing etc...to compare with mine.

·
Premium Member
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Any closer and we'd have to share bathrooms:)
These are straight out of the box, no shoots by me, no cleaning.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I didn't disassemble the action spring or gas valve.
I would but i just don't know what im doing. Yet.:help::help::brickwall::brickwall:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.