Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
101 - 120 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Ahhhh i think I see what's going on. Tried with bolt open . The mag catch notch is just a hair low. Later I will sand or file the mag polymer ledge on both sides where it meets the mag well of the mdr to get to move up a bit and catch
No fuss no muss. Easy fix. Fits in my Ar no problem.

·
Registered
344 Posts
9x39
5.45x39
6.5 Grendel
458 Socom (although I think the RDB in it's current form probably couldn't handle it over time. I mean, it already sheds screws from a measly 556 round lol)

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
it was more than a little bit of filling. Had to break out dremel and sanding drums. Got it working and the.mags still work in AR but that was way.more work than wanted to do.lol

So surefire huh? They may be my next 60 round quad mag purchase.

Ouch 140.00 each!!! Now I remember why I looked for polymer option.

I can see why the sure fire worked right from the jump. Each shoulder is slopped and the poly mags are squared and reinforced.

They worked from the start with AR. So these two are going to be my designated MDRX beater mags.

Wish surefire would bring the price down .

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Well heck all reviews for surefire were mixed. Not a good sign for such an expensive mag. For that price it should pmag reliable.

·
Registered
892 Posts
You might wait until I test mine further. If they don't work they aren't worth $.01. I shopped around and did NOT pay $140 for them. There's no way I would have paid $140 either. I might have gotten mine from ebay and I think I remember $80. I just don't fully remember. But I need to test them more before I give a thumbs up or down.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm still on team grendel since I can get steel for casual shooting. Oh, and KT had working guns at one point.

But this is new.... And looking pretty badass...

·
Registered
344 Posts
I was looking at the ARC as well but then afterwards realized that it's a solution to a problem that doesn't really exist. Ballistically not far off from the 5.7x45 wildcat. I think I'll stick with the Grendel as you're going to have far more bullet choices to reload with now that 6.5 Creed has really picked up in popularity.

·
Registered
65 Posts
IDK man.
It's sort of like how the military is dropping .50bmg for .338 in the new sniper platform.
You can get more energy on target more accurately thanks to better ballistics.

There are tons of .243/6mm bullets out there in any grain weight you could think of.
Brass is going to be made available so you don't have to fire form or cut or trim or anything like that.

Not to mention its a saami spec cartridge. Which is why Grendel was able to build up the way it did.

Like I said, I'm on team Grendel for now simply because I can buy Wolf. I'msI'm excited about the potential of ARC.

·
Registered
892 Posts
That would be nice! Great idea, but I want a cmr version of the cp33. Sweet sharing mags!!!!
I wonder if the reason they don't make a lot of these great ideas is to put a limit on what they can't produce fast enough. Did that make sense? It seems to me that if one is in the business of making something where having designs that are so upgradable into other, in this case firearms, models it makes sense to me to do so. I think they're trying to keep production into something less than an absolute madhouse. What other reason could they have?

Personally, so far I have yet to buy a KelTec firearm that I don't like alot.

·
Registered
139 Posts
PMR-30 alike in 7.62x25 Tokarev!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Yeah I spotted that too. Had been mulling over the complications of the RDB's longer barrel making subsonic .300 BLK tricky to keep subsonic, but of the options out there that are actually commercially available it's the best one there if we're not getting 6.5 grendel for whatever reason.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah I spotted that too. Had been mulling over the complications of the RDB's longer barrel making subsonic .300 BLK tricky to keep subsonic, but of the options out there that are actually commercially available it's the best one there if we're not getting 6.5 grendel for whatever reason.
25/45 Sharps or 6.5 Raptor, 7.62 Wilson Tactical would be easy for them only requiring a barrel change . 6.8 SPC 2 would probably be a top choice for the 16&17" barrels. I don't know if any factory ammo is available for the "Raptor" but the designer made it open source rather than proprietary to aide in its advancement.

·
Registered
25 Posts
25/45 Sharps or 6.5 Raptor, 7.62 Wilson Tactical would be easy for them only requiring a barrel change . 6.8 SPC 2 would probably be a top choice for the 16&17" barrels. I don't know if any factory ammo is available for the "Raptor" but the designer made it open source rather than proprietary to aide in its advancement.

·
Registered
345 Posts
7.62 WT is still a 'wildcat' so it's too rare to find ammo for my tastes. Not sure which one you mean by 6.5 Raptor?

25/45 Sharps seems like a poor trade-off versus existing 5.56 though except at extremely close ranges? Especially if looking for a subsonic or longer ranges it doesn't bring much to the table.

6.8 SPC (or .277 Wolverine) would be great overall options though, spot on there. I'm sure one day someone will pony up on a dare and get a .458 Socom barrel fabricated just for the looks at the range when they're punting 1-oz rounds down range though. XD

101 - 120 of 142 Posts