Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Appears to me the design would lend itself well to conversion kits. Rather than buy a whole new one for a different caliber, one could buy a "front end" including barrel, forend, gas tube, piston (set to caliber), and bolt. Pull 2 pins, rotate, replace.

350 Legend, 300 Blk, 6.5 Grendel I think would all be great, and perhaps quicker for Kel Tec to produce in lots.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Or 6.5 Creedmore,
Or .270 Winchester,
Or 25-06,
Or .300 WSM,
Or .300 AAC,
Can't do .308, the RFB owns that one:kiss:,

Even the commie 7.62x39 would be better than the overdone .223:wall:
Well it would have to be an AR length cartridge so that rules out most of what you've got, but a .308 length RDB to replace the RFB chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor would be cool. For now a 6.5 Grendel RDB would be pretty cool. But given the broken bolts experienced with AR bolt heads and KT's quality control, I think it would be a disaster. I've never broken a bolt on the couple 6.5 Grendel AR's I've owned, but I know it can be an issue.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
At one time the RDB-C was being advertised as 6.5 Grendel as well as .223, but I see that isn't on the Keltec web site anymore.

·
Super Moderator
10,056 Posts
At one time the RDB-C was being advertised as 6.5 Grendel as well as .223, but I see that isn't on the Keltec web site anymore.
And there was a 300 BLK SU-16 in the works that never materialized. I think they had a pseudo-prototype at SHOT one year. I'd like to have a 300 BLK SU-16 and a 300 BLK PLR-16 would be even better IMO. I've given up hoping for an awesome 10mm SUB-2000, but I'm eager to get my hands on the carbine version of the CP33.

Reactions: 850sub

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
.300 blackout would be cool.
I think the 7.62 x 39 AK mag curves too much in the larger capacity version to work very well in a bull pup platform, but would still be cool.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm good.

That being said, if the following pans out, I'd probably be interested, especially if they kept the price lower than the RFB, and more in line with the RDB.

I've heard rumors before that KT planned on making a 308 version of the rdb to replace the RFB but we'll see if that ever happens.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts