Featured RDB shortages?

Discussion in 'RDB Bullpup Rifle' started by USMCGrunt8892, Mar 13, 2018.

1. USMCGrunt8892

USMCGrunt8892 Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Has anybody noticed on many sites that they are sold out and in short supply? I just ordered an FDE model off gunbroker but it was the only FDE model listed. There was at the time one other OD green model and a few black models but not all that many as before. Has demand with the troubles we are facing now managed to drain out the supply or has Kel-Tec maybe concentrating on producing other models like the RDB-S instead?
  2. kaveman

kaveman Member

Mar 22, 2017
    Probably both. If you look around a little you'll see that AR receivers and magazines are also out of stock many place so there is a little bit of a rush going on. And KelTec has been shipping RDB-C, RDB 20" and RDB-S starting around SHOTShow. That probably saps some of their production strength. In fact, SHOTShow itself might back them up a little bit. Not sure how much production suffers during the show but many small places shut down completely.

3. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Moderator Supporter

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    If Kel-Tec has shifted production to the RDB-S, it looks like I could buy one for less than $1400.

Still looking. It'll probably be awhile before the initial feeding frenzy allows me to get one at a price that's reasonable to me. It's even worse when buying a fun gun that's California legal. I'd be competing against people with a higher cost of living. They pay 2-3 times as much for housing and they have fewer legal firearms options, so they tend to run up the cost on the firearms that are legal for them. Gun owners in flyover country are buying $300-$400 AR-15s that are illegal in California, but the RDB-C is three times as much. I just checked and there currently isn't an RDB-C on GunBroker, but there are a few high priced RDB-S rifles, so maybe Kel-Tec did switch production from the C to the S. There are still several of the original RDB on GunBroker.
  4. kaveman

kaveman Member

Mar 22, 2017
    I still check in with GB a dozen times a day looking specifically at the RDB. There was a flurry of RDB-C back in February and pretty much none since. Most sold at the $1200 level. The flock of RDB-S started last Tuesday. Except for the one I got(just got the call that it's shipping tomorrow), every one of those has sold at $1400-1450. I still think there's a good chance of grabbing one cheaper if you're the first to see it and someone lists it with a reasonable BN. You just need to spend the time watching. There are three on there right now that can be bought for $1400.

That's above MSRP and MSRP is above what they'll eventually sell for but you're never gonna see prices that will compete head to head with AR prices. We're in a really messed up market with AR parts and rifles with a huge surplus. We're still feeding off the oversupply from the 2016 election. Give it a year and bottom tier ARs will be back to the 600-700 range.
  5. Berk

Berk Active Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Got mine for wholesale :) but, I have tricks.
  6. MadRonin

MadRonin Member

Sep 22, 2009
    That's not helpful.

Unless you share said tricks...

;) :D
  7. kaveman

kaveman Member

Mar 22, 2017
    I'd be curious to know what wholesale price is if you can say. If you'd rather no I understand.
  8. Stevie-Ray

Stevie-Ray Member

Jan 16, 2008
    Nothing really surprises me after waiting 7 months for mine.
  9. Berk

Berk Active Member

Feb 20, 2015
    We got one from our distributor but it was a fluke. I told my sales person to keep an eye out for one and she called 5 days later and said she had ONE and that it was really weird that she had one so I snapped it up.
  10. Orion1701

Orion1701 Member

i guess i got lucky i just got a black rdb17 new from a ffl for $899
  11. 850sub

850sub Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    If you are patient, you can find a good deal (under 900). I purchased mine from GB for $850=$888 delivered, last year.
    Colored or nonstandard models will be harder to find.
  12. Concept6

Concept6 Member

I just got mine for $929, thought it was a pretty lucky find.
  13. st381

st381 Member

Feb 9, 2016
    RDB shortages? Isn’t that just normal production number? One a week.... I got mine from Sportsman’s Guide for $899 with free shipping, but that was 5 months ago now.