Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall,

I've been shooting my RDB-S suppressed for a while now, and aside from the hiccups of getting the muzzle nut off and replacing it with the Lucky Irishman replacement, it's been a dream.

Except, when shooting with the suppressor, the recoil of the gun will sometimes bounce the latch and close the stock will close as I pull the rifle into my shoulder.
I have already tuned the gas to a good point.

I'm a hands-on kind of problem solver, so before I take out the latch and modify it, I'd like to ask you fine folks if you have experienced this before and if you have any smart ideas about how to go about fixing it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I’ve had it collapse on me rarely, and usually if I tap it tight in the open position before shooting it holds fine.
I imagine it wouldn’t be hard to use a dremel to cut a shallow groove for the metal part to rest in… that said I haven’t looked closely at it with that in mind.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I received a reply from KelTec about the issue:

Good Morning EENC,
I spoke with the technician and he said if it was bouncing while shooting suppressed then your gas may be set too high so he said to make sure that is not the case as well. Also it may have bent the stock latch and he did say if you can figure out which way it needs to bend then you could try to manually bend it and see if that helps as well.
Best Regards,
Keltec Customer Service

I think I will take a close look at the parts today and think about either cutting a shallow groove, readjusting the gas next time I shoot, and bending the stock latch.
Whatever I do, I will be sure to post here for anyone else with this issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts