Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I want to attach a sling to my RDB-S rifle. The furniture does not come with typical sling swivels and the guys at my local gun range said they couldn't help me attach a strap/sling. What is everyone else doing?
I'd really appreciate any advice on this subject as I'd like to be able to hands-free drape my rifle.
Thanks!
JC

·
Registered
88 Posts
I’ve been pondering the same question. One option I have already is a Magpul single point sling mount on the rear of the rail for a mid/top hang, but I haven’t checked how it would balance yet since the hardware is on another rifle.

Was also thinking about sewing up QD sling ends to semi-permanently attach to the slots on the front and back for a more traditional two-point bottom version.

Definitely interested in what others have done.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I want to attach a sling to my RDB-S rifle. The furniture does not come with typical sling swivels and the guys at my local gun range said they couldn't help me attach a strap/sling. What is everyone else doing?
If you don't mind giving up the collapsible stock look into the RDB17 Enhanced Butt-Pad; you'd also need the RDB17 Top Cover in that case most likely, but if you want bolt-on without carving up your stock parts that's likely the best option.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you don't mind giving up the collapsible stock look into the RDB17 Enhanced Butt-Pad; you'd also need the RDB17 Top Cover in that case most likely, but if you want bolt-on without carving up your stock parts that's likely the best option.
Thank you!

·
Premium Member
2,674 Posts
Another option may be to buy an RDB 17 but and run a loop of paracord through the 2 bottom holes and the top loop. Clip a sling to that. Or get the Dan Haga butt with the QD.
I don't know of the D rear has the same 2 holes drilled for that.

·
Premium Member
2,674 Posts
That's a hard no for me with any tactical rifle. Its slide slung cross body for humping, or nothing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
That's a hard no for me with any tactical rifle. Its slide slung cross body for humping, or nothing.
Yeah, me too, especially if there's a longer magazine. A traditional hunting rifle would be okay with sling mounts on the bottom but nothing with a detachable magazine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone,
I'd really appreciate any advice on this subject as I'd like to be able to hands-free drape my rifle.
Thanks!
JC
I had a single point sling laying around and decided to see how it feels. I like it on my rdb.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yeah, me too, especially if there's a longer magazine. A traditional hunting rifle would be okay with sling mounts on the bottom but nothing with a detachable magazine.
It'd be fine with a 10 rd mag.

As for the magpul QD rail mounted sling swivel, it’s a possibility with a couple caveats.

First, the rearmost part of the rail is far enough forward that if you want it to balance level or nose down with a full 30 rounder, you need to add about 40 oz to the barrel (coincidentally just about the weight of an unopened box of 100 Federal MSR 55 grain rounds). That's also considering the weight of my scope forward of the balance point.

Second, while it doesn’t actually prevent the bolt handle from locking in the catch there is the potential for interference manipulating it. That location is directly above the catch, and if the sling QD end is oriented wrong the D-ring would likely be in the way.

I won’t be putting a 2.5 lb muzzle device on mine, so I’ll still be looking for alternatives.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts