Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
9,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
School shootings are very rare. It's not a major cause of death for children. However, we're biologically wired to protect children. This is one of the few REAL protections I've seen for public school children. Even the New York Times wasn't able to twist this to look bad.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/11/us/guns-in-schools.html

The school security officers wear body armor and are armed with a Glock pistol and an RDB rifle.

These school children are being protected with the same proven techniques used to protect politicians, celebrities, rich people's kids at private schools, and money stored in banks.

The principal takes a fairly direct dig at the cowardly Broward County deputies who waited outside during the Parkland Florida school shooting:

Dr. Jones said the school hired combat veterans because he wanted guards who wouldn’t hesitate to go after an active shooter. “I don’t want this to be the first time they’ve had someone shooting at them,” he said.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Even the New York Times wasn't able to twist this to look bad.
Amanda Klinger said:
Director of operations at the Educator’s School Safety Network:“We don’t know that those security interventions will stop the things that they’re seeking to stop.” Ms. Klinger said.
It's ironic that her name is Ms. Klinger
lol.gif
Perhaps she should watch some videos of the RDB in action
nod.gif
Trust me, in the hands of a combat veteran, THEY WILL stop anything they need to stop!

·
9,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's some more grownup talk from the principal:

If an armed intruder were to enter the campus, “we’re not looking for a fair fight,” Bill Jones, the principal, said in an interview. “We’re looking at an overwhelming advantage.”
I sent an email to my state senator with a link to the article and my personal comments. I probably triggered my legislator because he's a big proponent of a "school safety" bill in this year's state legislature that significantly increases the size and cost of the educational bureaucracy without providing any real security. It's a lot of paperwork, a school safety coordinator for each school, a counselor for every 250 students, etc. I told my legislator that armed security personnel in schools provides real safety as opposed to merely feeling safe. I also told him:

I can't help but think we wouldn't need armed school security guards if the media didn't worship every school shooter to encourage more school shooters. The media promotion of school shootings and the drastic increase in psych meds are the two things that have changed since I was a student in a Kentucky public school, back when school shootings never happened. Well, that and the fact that most high school boys of my era would immediately disarm anyone crazy enough to try shooting up a school while today's breed would probably go to the designated safe space and download an app to tell them what to do in a school shooting.
I just realized that this is what it feels like to be a curmudgeonly old man.

·
9,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You just now realizing that?
Apparently I have not been paying attention. It really sneaked up on me and it was quite a surprise. I was hoping to be a feezer (freaky geezer) but I guess I'm just another grumpy old man. I tell ya', these kids today....
DotOldMan.gif

·
Premium Member
2,488 Posts
In the hands of anyone who was motivated to do the right thing they will stop anything that needs stopping.
For the school "resource" officers going up against shotguns and rifles if all they have is a 9mm hand gun, You start thinking about your wife and children.

·
Premium Member
2,488 Posts
That would be the reason everyone on this thread thinks that RDBs are a great idea. :)
I guess the RDB would be the less scary non-black rifle option for school defense.
Can KT make them in pink? or Fuchsia?
All kidding aside, RDB is a great choice. But should have a can.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Heck, they could probably crowd source some Griffin Armaments Optimus Micro cans (what I'm putting on my RDB). "It's for the children!"

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Reactions: BlakeHanson

·
Premium Member
2,488 Posts
So Florida now requires armed security at all public schools.
So, one arts school chooses to provide defense for the children under its care. Now "all" FL schools are doing it?
Please provide some facts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The only thing I'm concerned about is weren't there a fair number of reliability issues with the RDB? It's what made made end up not getting them. That and the Irish gunner handguards seem to have stopped production as I've never seen them in stock.

·
Registered
283 Posts
The only thing I'm concerned about is weren't there a fair number of reliability issues with the RDB? It's what made made end up not getting them. That and the Irish gunner handguards seem to have stopped production as I've never seen them in stock.
I think most of the reliability issues are minor compared to production numbers and most have been resolved in the latest iteration.

As far as the Lucky Irish goes, I think he's a one man operation and it's more of a hobby for him. Machine work isn't cheap when you're doing small runs (I know this by personal experience) and he may be waiting to secure funds/interest before making another batch.

·
Premium Member
2,488 Posts
The only thing I'm concerned about is...
I have the same concerns
That and the Irish gunner handguards seem to have stopped production as I've never seen them in stock.
send a PM to "Lee Majors" about the status. He did produce a run that was setback by flakey coating providers and arm surgery. All of the most recent batch may be spoken for. but msg him.
LM has gone quiet on this forum, AFAIK, but he still gets his PMs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts