Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Nice! Thank you for the pictures. I didn't realize how the trigger guard looked with the rail installed from the previous pictures I saw and actually went back to check. Will be great to hear the after range time report.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks pretty slick! How does it mount to the rest of the rifle? The description on the website isn't very clear.
A front mount with 3 screws and two rear mounts with two screws in each side. If you zoom in you cam see the screws

Nice! Thank you for the pictures. I didn't realize how the trigger guard looked with the rail installed from the previous pictures I saw and actually went back to check. Will be great to hear the after range time report.
Thanks, yea that trigger area is really not optimal, I wish the rail came down a bit like the factory piece so it is not so obvious.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My Raptor Rail showed up today and I was trying to get it installed...however, the aluminum tube seems absurdly difficult to get through the u-shaped brace. Am I missing something? I've paused for the evening since I don't want to piss off the neighbors with all the hammering, but I've only made it just barely through one of the arms of the u-shaped brace and into the gas block. Do I just need to wail on the thing for a while?

·
Registered
34 Posts
My Raptor Rail showed up today and I was trying to get it installed...however, the aluminum tube seems absurdly difficult to get through the u-shaped brace. Am I missing something? I've paused for the evening since I don't want to **** off the neighbors with all the hammering, but I've only made it just barely through one of the arms of the u-shaped brace and into the gas block. Do I just need to wail on the thing for a while?
Yes. Use a smaller punch to seat against the bottom of the threaded hole and firmly hammer it through. It will go through the gas block just fine. It's the ears of the u-shaped block that are tight. Be sure to properly block the area so as not to damage the finish, I used a piece of scrap 2x4 on concrete. Center the pin which will go about to the half way point on each of the ears.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.