Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm the proud owner of an RDB, serial Z165X, and I've been running into some issues with my bolt. I haven't shot it yet, so this issue might sort itself out, but I've been noticing an issue with how the bolt locks/unlocks from the chamber.

When the rifle is empty, I can move the charging handle back and forth, I have no issues. When I put a loaded magazine in, I can charge and eject a few rounds rounds, however, around the 3rd or 4th one, the charging handle gets stuck. I can clear the issue by removing the magazine, and "mortaring" the RDB (placing the stock on the ground, pulling the charging handle, then hitting the rifle on the ground to force the bolt out). I don't even have to hit very hard. I've disassembled the rifle and oiled the bolt, but this keeps happening.

Could this be some kind of slight headspace/sizing issue where the bullet is just slightly too long and creates friction between the bolt and the chamber, making it harder for the bolt to rotate?

I'll go to the range on Friday, and run the RDB through a match on Saturday. I'll post updates.

Thanks, all

·
Premium Member
2,668 Posts
Is your bolt spaced evenly with the back of the tube?
IMG_20170815_205406.jpg
I have two and noticed a variance in the spacing. This tells me the potential for a manufacturing defect is present.
Both of these BCWs ran in my rifle. Although i am still experiencing jams with .223 55gr, i don't blame the BCW for them, yet.
Im still in break-in.
But since you have a new RDB, not to change the subject, can you post a pic of your piston weld/stamp? This has been an area of concern for some.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry it took so long to reply. Yes, it's flush.
I sent the rifle back to Kel Tec, they'll figure out what's wrong with it.

I didn't take a picture of the piston weld/stamp, but it looked like this, basically.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts