Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my new RDB out for its first range day! Mucho fun!!
First impressions are as follows..
The night before, I took it apart, cleaned, lubed & ran a bore snake through it. Then off to my local indoor range the next day. No optics yet, so I used a set of Magpul plastic flip up sights at 25 yards using Federal 55 gr 5.56 FMJ out of the green ammo can. That pup is a lot of fun! I noticed the cases were coming out with bent necks & after about 20 rounds I had a FTF. Live cartridge ejected with a bent neck & mashed bullet, so I went 1 click lighter on the gas setting. Spent casings looked much better, but still slightly bent rolling on the workbench. Went 1 more click lighter, now the spent brass looks perfect.
Overall, shot about 90 rounds with nice groups @ 25 yards. Zero issues after the gas adjustment. Mags & mag release worked flawless. Amazing trigger. Can't wait till next week!

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
When you say lighter, were you turning the gas valve CW or CCW from shooter point of view? How many clicks from full CCW is your sweet spot?

Reactions: dazed

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From the shooter's POV, I went 2 clicks CW. (what the manual calls "less gas").
Sorry, I did not bottom it out to get a reference point either way.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Youre probably within the typical 5 clicks from full CCW range.
Keep us informed.
Just keep adding new comments to this post.

Reactions: dazed
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.