Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've finally taken the plunge and ordered my RDB. I've been surprised at how much the price has dropped; essentially half from where it was less than a year ago.

I'm wondering if this is just a supply and demand economics 101 thing or if it's because of other factors.

It's been a while since I've been on this site and was surprised to see people still having problems so will take some time to read up but hopefully it's just old model issues and mine will be reliable.

·
Premium Member
3,271 Posts
I just had a piston failure, and mine is #2154 made this year.
So far, as far as Im concerned, its just a fun gun.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My first range trip and everything worked flawlessly. Lot's of impressions from my first time but won't bore everyone with my subjective ramblings. Unfortunately I was sighting in other rifles on this trip and didn't even get a mag through it but was happy the GI mag locked-up and didn't drop nor any of the other issues I had read about. I realize it's early but fingers crossed this one doesn't have problems.

My serial: Z0V6x

I only did a 25 yd shoot for a 50 yd red dot zero on Arma Dynamics targets so nothing super impressive.
POI was killing me.:gaah: I seemed to bounce left, right and high of the bullseye (approx .25") and could never hit it directly. I used PPU XM193 ammo. Using a bench rest. Gotta do some digging on the accuracy part still when I can run more ammo and have time to be methodical. Might be me doing something stupid with a bullpup since the others I brought with me were zero'd within a maximum of 3 shots. I have a few other bullpups so not really new to them. Even got a nice burn on my arm from the spent brass! (OUCH!!!) Optics wise; I initially started with a Vortex Viper I just bought for it but after losing some skin during charging handle operation I decided the less mount exposure the better so opted for the red dot.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I have no screw at T1 and assume this is normal. I checked T5 and T7 and they were tight. I'll get some loctite on them to make sure they don't loosen up.

·
Registered
120 Posts
A piston failure on a newer model? That's concerning... I thought they had fixed all the issues with the newer batches.

As for the economics of the price drops... everything is dropping in price. People have to run huge sales just to move anything at all. Used guns are down on Gunbroker... no one is worrying about anyone taking their guns now so no one is rushing to buy much of anything.

Just what I'm seeing. Can't move any of my guns locally for fair prices, even below cost.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.