Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
This was my RDB introduction in Aug 2017. Jam city and the spring rod plug (not on the parts list) broke loose.
IMG_20170816_174813.jpg IMG_20170816_174332.jpg IMG_20170816_174435.jpg IMG_20170727_231505.jpg IMG_20170718_172329.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, Just a follow up. I went to the Kel-Tec website opened(Or attempted to open) a ticket. 3 days later I have still heard nothing. Called Kel-Tec and honestly the guy on the phone sounded extremely annoyed and told me to send it in, I told him I haven't gotten a response from my email yet and he said so what, You want it fixed send it in we'll look at it. I was less than impressed when he then asked what I was using and I told him an RDB bullpup and he said, "Yeah, thanks, I know what an RDB is." Guess I didnt need to add the "Bull pup" on the end? I don't think Ill even send it in, I think Ill sell it and let whoever wants it know something is not quite right and I don't know what it is, I'll take a hit but this thing will be out of my hair. This will be my last Kel-Tec.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well, Just a follow up. I went to the Kel-Tec website opened(Or attempted to open) a ticket. 3 days later I have still heard nothing. Called Kel-Tec and honestly the guy on the phone sounded extremely annoyed and told me to send it in, I told him I haven't gotten a response from my email yet and he said so what, You want it fixed send it in we'll look at it. I was less than impressed when he then asked what I was using and I told him an RDB bullpup and he said, "Yeah, thanks, I know what an RDB is." Guess I didnt need to add the "Bull pup" on the end? I don't think Ill even send it in, I think Ill sell it and let whoever wants it know something is not quite right and I don't know what it is, I'll take a hit but this thing will be out of my hair. This will be my last Kel-Tec.
Contact Ericka Marchiano and tell her this story.
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
KT does not send notice when they receive or return your rifle.
FYI.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just sold my bare, no extras, RDB-17 for $800.
Although, I like my PMR-30 and CP-33, no more KT for me.

·
Registered
123 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
Im on the fence about a pistol AR. Anything shorter than 14" and I'll probably shoot my hand.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The reason for me to have an AR “pistol” is because it is legal to carry it loaded in a vehicle in my state, unlike a rifle.

Reactions: odinforever2000

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any updates to the exact cause?

Seems that gas adjustments and smoothing/filing down a few surfaces has been the consensus.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I havent had a chance to shoot mine yet, but now after days of reading these constant overlapping, continuous issues, Im less than enthused.

I want to make sure I like it without having these issues before I decide if im going to
A) purchase modifications
B) trade it off or sell it.

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
I havent had a chance to shoot mine yet, but now after days of reading these constant overlapping, continuous issues, Im less than enthused.

I want to make sure I like it without having these issues before I decide if im going to
A) purchase modifications
B) trade it off or sell it.
Clean it good, check everything, do the one-shot gas adjustment.
It may be perfect.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks, ill give it a good cleaning later this week sometime. Ive also got an SU16 im ripping into. First rifle owner choices and I pick Kel Tec..... I already know I fucked up. Im crossing my fingers that I will be a proud happy owner.

I just took it down tonight and familiarized myself with it. pretty simple firearm.

one problem right now, no ranges open. I guess she sits in the case for awhile. oh well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks, ill give it a good cleaning later this week sometime. Ive also got an SU16 im ripping into. First rifle owner choices and I pick Kel Tec..... I already know I ****ed up. Im crossing my fingers that I will be a proud happy owner.

I just took it down tonight and familiarized myself with it. pretty simple firearm.

one problem right now, no ranges open. I guess she sits in the case for awhile. oh well.
The problem you are going to have is you only have 3 months. After the three months you are responsible for all shipping cost which in my case was almost 90.00 with insurance. So yes they have a lifetime warranty but in reality is garbage. I bought mine, went out of the Country for work, came back, got to the range and mine was junk out of the box. Unfortunately, I had less than 100 rounds through it. After much correspondence I was told to bad, if I want it looked at send it in. Best of luck, I hope you got a good one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Was finally able to get back to the range on two different occasions since my last post. The first outing, I used only the 10 round Pmags and the RDB-C seemed to work fine for the entire time. However, the most recent time I went to the range I was able to use a 10 round Pmag as well as a 30 round Pmag. This time, the 10 round Pmag actually had a jam/failure to feed. After that, I tried the 30 round Pmag and just like last time, one shot fired - jam - release mag and clear jam - rack another round - shoot one round - jam. Sometimes even pulling the charging handle to rack a round would jam a round into the feeding ramp/barrel opening. After wasting a handful of rounds, I stuck with the 10 round Pmag and was able to fire some shots with no hiccups. So clearly the problem is still persistent after adjusting gas, cleaning the gun and making sure magazines were seated properly. A rifle shouldn't take this much diagnosing to find a fix. I have already pulled a warranty ticket from KelTec and plan on shipping my rifle in to get it fixed up. This is just ridiculous. Doesn't look like I'll be buying anymore Keltecs after this mishap.

On another note, my KSG has had no issues.

Attachments

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yeah that's a deeper issue, though it being mostly related to the 30-round mag sounds like something's being pulled out of tolerance by the extra magazine weight. Not DIRECTLY causing the issues, but shifting things enough that whatever the actual issue is comes to light.

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
Those pushed in rounds are most likely from hitting the rims of ejection failures.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Was finally able to get back to the range on two different occasions since my last post.
Stupid Question time... when you're racking another round after clearing a jam are you properly locking the handle up, then thumbing the handle down so it carries forward under full spring weight, or are you trying to just 'pull back and release' the charging handle?

The ejector on the RDB is rather tight, so any kind of 'gentle' release besides the bolt-release or using the 'rotate up' catch can result in it not latching on, so things won't extract at all since the bolt has to latch onto the bullet as it's chambering. When I made that user error I had the same 'pushed in' bullet result.

61 - 80 of 105 Posts