RDB Enhanced Buttpads are finished!

Discussion in 'RDB Bullpup Rifle' started by gwoodburn, Jun 20, 2020.

1. WolfWings

WolfWings Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2020
    Kansas City
    ...huh, interesting, I had two screws that were longer like that as well, not quite to that degree (maybe 8mm long?) so it was really hard to tell even side by side. Same behavior, if they protrude at all into the receiver channel the BCG can't go back past them since those bars act as the guide rails.

I could reproduce the situation with the stock stock so I figured it was just a mix up out of a bulk order of literally millions of screws that KT orders but it looks like it's more wide-spread, or they have some kind of jig for assembling the stock on the receiver that has solid blocks in place to prevent tightening the screws so far they protrude into the BCG path.

socrates likes this.
  2. gwoodburn

gwoodburn Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2019
    Weird. Thanks for letting me know. Sorry you had to do that, but I'm glad you were able to figure it out. I don't know anyone with a C model so all of my design work was done on a RDB17 (well, RDB20 because Maryland, but it's all the same except for the barrel length). I think I will have to start including screws with all future orders. I had no idea there would be a problem.

Anyone who buys our RDB parts for a C model (or any of our parts for that matter) and is dissatisfied or if something doesn't fit or function correctly, please send me a message here or contact me through the website. We will make it right.

Engineer117, anach and socrates like this.

3. WolfWings

WolfWings Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2020
    Kansas City
    100% serious, would you like my RDB-C foregrip and stock stock gratis? It's literally just gathering dust on my shelf, heck I'd be happy to ship the grip assembly temporarily as well too for you to get proper 3D scans of everything even.

socrates likes this.
  4. socrates

socrates Active Member

Aug 20, 2019
    Thanks, and to be clear I was not blaming you for that issue at all, the parts are great and I was a voluntary guinea pig here.

gwoodburn likes this.
  5. SamM

SamM Active Member

Mar 30, 2017
    Swapped the included extended buttpad for a thin SL pad on my standard RDB. Much better!

Thanks DHD, for some awesome parts!

SamM

33E59627-FCE1-460A-B032-BFEB9D1F244C.jpeg

gwoodburn likes this.