Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Looks interesting. Not sure I want to have those thicc rubber pads on anything less than 12ga. Also would the sling attached that QD not interfere with ejection port? I would've probably directed it downward or have two QDs facing left and right.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks interesting. Not sure I want to have those thicc rubber pads on anything less than 12ga. Also would the sling attached that QD not interfere with ejection port? I would've probably directed it downward or have two QDs facing left and right.
I wanted to add standard SL rubber buttpads, but Magpul does not sell those separately. Someone could easily swap pads if they had a SL compatible stock. QD going forward doesn't interfere for me. I looked at adding it to either the bottom or left or right as you suggested, but the dimensions are too large for the QD cup. It wouldn't look right bc you still need material around it for support

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
...so would this plus the magpul riser cover work on the RDB-C to replace the stock stock? Looks like it might be a slightly shorter LOP over OEM possibly too?
yes that combo should be a complete replacement for the RDB-C stock. Not sure on the LOP of the C models though. I do know that with the standard RDB, the DHD enhanced buttpad adds about 15mm to the LOP

·
Registered
345 Posts
yes that combo should be a complete replacement for the RDB-C stock. Not sure on the LOP of the C models though. I do know that with the standard RDB, the DHD enhanced buttpad adds about 15mm to the LOP
Ordered, thanks much! Will compare when it all comes in and take some measurements. Since yeah the stock stock has been the only standing complaint I've had with the RDB-C since it feels shaped all wrong, and the non-swivel sling loop on the side jabs just enough to be constantly present no matter which side I put it on.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ordered, thanks much! Will compare when it all comes in and take some measurements. Since yeah the stock stock has been the only standing complaint I've had with the RDB-C since it feels shaped all wrong, and the non-swivel sling loop on the side jabs just enough to be constantly present no matter which side I put it on.
Awesome! defintely let me know what you think!

Because I designed these parts off of a RDB17, if there are any fit issues with the RDB-C, please message me directly. I will make sure you are taken care of.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have the regular RDB butt pad attached to the RDB-C, after I sawed off the butt pad section from the RDB-C stock. Here is a picture:

You may also notice that the RDB-C cheek pad is shorter than the regular RDB cheek pad, especially just before the first sets of bolts, this is because a longer cheek pad will surely get in the way of your thumb when griping the rifle (that's why I had grip tape there).

The OEM RDB butt pad shortens the rifle by about 1 to 2 inches, but after I added the muzzle device my RDB-C is legal again.

I really liked the work you put into your product, keep it up. What's next? Dust cover?

·
Registered
345 Posts
The OEM RDB butt pad shortens the rifle by about 1 to 2 inches, but after I added the muzzle device my RDB-C is legal again.
That's what I was thinking, also the DHD combo might let the upper/lower clamshell open a bit more than the stock RDB-C which has some extra 'reinforcement fins' inside the buttplate area that block the clamshelling before anything else so it clamshells less than the standard RDB17 from what I've seen.

Thankfully I'm not in an OAL state, I just wanted the 20" barrel and rifle grip. :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Thankfully I'm not in an OAL state, I just wanted the 20" barrel and rifle grip. :)
It's not the state you should be worried about it's the Feds. And I quote, "a rifle having one or more barrels less than sixteen inches in length and any weapon made from a rifle (whether by alteration, modification, or otherwise) if such weapon, as modified, has an overall length of less than twenty-six inches.”

·
Registered
345 Posts
It's not the state you should be worried about it's the Feds.
I'm aware, but with an uncut 20" barrel it's physically not possible even if you take the entire stock off and run the bare naked metal receiver to drop under the federal OAL limit; I was purely referencing that some locales that require the 20" barrel also require a 30" OAL so you can't shorten anything on the RDB-C.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Please do post your results and any mods necessary - if it works I will probably do it too. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts