RDB Enhanced Buttpads are finished!

Discussion in 'RDB Bullpup Rifle' started by gwoodburn, Jun 20, 2020.

1. gwoodburn

gwoodburn Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2019
    I finally finished up redesigning the buttpad for the RDB17 and they are available at danhagadesigns.com

These utilize a Magpul MOE SL® Enhanced Rubber Butt-Pad and adds a steel QD sling attachment point.

They also allow the user to add LOP spacers if they need them

RDB_buttpad.jpg

FredleyBanyon, FVAL, pat_bcr and 9 others like this.
  2. davek

davek Active Member

Jun 7, 2018
    Order placed :)

gwoodburn likes this.

3. likho1eye

likho1eye Active Member

Nov 15, 2019
    Looks interesting. Not sure I want to have those thicc rubber pads on anything less than 12ga. Also would the sling attached that QD not interfere with ejection port? I would've probably directed it downward or have two QDs facing left and right.

4. gwoodburn

Nov 1, 2019
    I wanted to add standard SL rubber buttpads, but Magpul does not sell those separately. Someone could easily swap pads if they had a SL compatible stock. QD going forward doesn't interfere for me. I looked at adding it to either the bottom or left or right as you suggested, but the dimensions are too large for the QD cup. It wouldn't look right bc you still need material around it for support

CountBrass and likho1eye like this.
  5. WolfWings

WolfWings Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2020
    Kansas City
    ...so would this plus the magpul riser cover work on the RDB-C to replace the stock stock? Looks like it might be a slightly shorter LOP over OEM possibly too?

6. gwoodburn

Nov 1, 2019
    yes that combo should be a complete replacement for the RDB-C stock. Not sure on the LOP of the C models though. I do know that with the standard RDB, the DHD enhanced buttpad adds about 15mm to the LOP

WolfWings likes this.
  7. WolfWings

Feb 19, 2020
    Kansas City
    Ordered, thanks much! Will compare when it all comes in and take some measurements. Since yeah the stock stock has been the only standing complaint I've had with the RDB-C since it feels shaped all wrong, and the non-swivel sling loop on the side jabs just enough to be constantly present no matter which side I put it on.

socrates likes this.
  8. gwoodburn

Nov 1, 2019
    Awesome! defintely let me know what you think!

Because I designed these parts off of a RDB17, if there are any fit issues with the RDB-C, please message me directly. I will make sure you are taken care of.

9. RogueIV

RogueIV Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2018
    Glad I procrastinated on buying the magwell till yesterday. Ordered up one of these to go with it.

gwoodburn likes this.
  10. gxer

gxer Active Member

Jan 23, 2020
    I have the regular RDB butt pad attached to the RDB-C, after I sawed off the butt pad section from the RDB-C stock. Here is a picture: [​IMG]
    You may also notice that the RDB-C cheek pad is shorter than the regular RDB cheek pad, especially just before the first sets of bolts, this is because a longer cheek pad will surely get in the way of your thumb when griping the rifle (that's why I had grip tape there).

The OEM RDB butt pad shortens the rifle by about 1 to 2 inches, but after I added the muzzle device my RDB-C is legal again.

I really liked the work you put into your product, keep it up. What's next? Dust cover?

A_Brutal_Potato, gwoodburn and dazed like this.
  11. 0wen

0wen Member

Sep 19, 2015
    Just NE of Atlanta, GA
    Ordered! 3 left!

Can't wait for it to get here!

12. WolfWings

Feb 19, 2020
    Kansas City
    That's what I was thinking, also the DHD combo might let the upper/lower clamshell open a bit more than the stock RDB-C which has some extra 'reinforcement fins' inside the buttplate area that block the clamshelling before anything else so it clamshells less than the standard RDB17 from what I've seen.

Thankfully I'm not in an OAL state, I just wanted the 20" barrel and rifle grip. :)

13. RogueIV

RogueIV Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2018
    It's not the state you should be worried about it's the Feds. And I quote, "a rifle having one or more barrels less than sixteen inches in length and any weapon made from a rifle (whether by alteration, modification, or otherwise) if such weapon, as modified, has an overall length of less than twenty-six inches.”

AK10mm likes this.
  14. iamscottasus

iamscottasus Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Another bad-a$$ product!
    You guys don't disappoint!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    A_Brutal_Potato, dazed and gwoodburn like this.
  15. toddfandb

toddfandb Member

Aug 21, 2019
    I think I grab the last one!

WolfWings and gwoodburn like this.
  16. WolfWings

Feb 19, 2020
    Kansas City
    I'm aware, but with an uncut 20" barrel it's physically not possible even if you take the entire stock off and run the bare naked metal receiver to drop under the federal OAL limit; I was purely referencing that some locales that require the 20" barrel also require a 30" OAL so you can't shorten anything on the RDB-C.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    RogueIV likes this.
  17. socrates

socrates Active Member

Aug 20, 2019
    Please do post your results and any mods necessary - if it works I will probably do it too. Thanks!

WolfWings likes this.
  18. TitanX

TitanX Member

May 24, 2019
    How long till back in stock?

19. gwoodburn

Nov 1, 2019
    Should be back in stock in a few weeks. You can sign up on the website to be notified as soon as they are. Thanks

20. AK10mm

AK10mm Member

Jul 3, 2019
    How long before they're in stock again?