RDB best deal online?

Discussion in 'RDB Bullpup Rifle' started by HongKongCavalier, May 23, 2019.

1. BJK

BJK Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2017
    central Maine
    If it works for you that's what counts. Nice setup by the way :tu: . I like that color with the black.

But for many, and I'm one, if I have to contort my body to get the recoil pad fully into the shoulder pocket and see the sights something is very wrong. Straight line stocks have no drop at the heel and the sights need to be raised. For you that works, but for me I need my sights higher. I want to shoulder the gun properly, put my head on the stock and see through the sights. No strange contortions to get it done. Typically I need to use a 1" riser and sometimes add another minimal height riser to get it placed correctly.

Many folks look at the way my guns are setup and state, "Wow, that sight's high!", or words to the effect. Then they try it and state, "The sight picture is right there.". I don't know if they walk away believers but it does work for me. On guns w/o straight line stocks that all changes and stock fit takes the place of raising the sights. After using straight line stocks for 50 years I prefer having the option of raising the sights (and a rail) over expensive stock work. It allows each of us to configure exactly what works for each of us.

Then there is better recoil control of a straight line stock. They just work better. But I'm getting off topic.

iamscottasus likes this.
  2. iamscottasus

iamscottasus Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    That Reflex isn't as low at it may look. I have one and its a tank. With that base, I suspect he has at least an upper 2/3 co-witness(an overused term), or equivalent to AR height.
    Usable yet maintaining a tight package.

The height really becomes a real issue when goggles are involved

3. HongKongCavalier

HongKongCavalier Active Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Western WA
  4. iamscottasus

iamscottasus Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    I have large Reflex, in black that is waiting for a buyer. See my add in Trading Post forum.
    https://www.thektog.org/threads/wts-trijicon-reflex-green-2moa.273188/
    The thing about the Reflex mount adaptability (and pleez correct me if Im wrong, I want to be wrong, but I researched it and I don't think Im wrong) is Trijy makes these sights with different floor plates to fit different mount systems.

For example, If you get one with the "ACOG base", you will get the standard Triggy "ACOG" mount that has its origins in the M-16 carry handle bevel, and ACOGS still use to this day. What sucks about it is it isn't removable.
    upload_2020-8-14_8-27-20.png
    ^^e.g. LaRue ACOG type^^
    If you want a lower profile 1913 rail mount they make a three screw mount base that is flush with the bottom of the housing they call the "Reflex Base".
    upload_2020-8-14_8-50-56.png
    This is what you want for the most versatility in mounts.
    The best thing about this mount is there is no confusion of hole spacing like there is with the ACOG mount when Trijy changed the spacing. But that was many moons ago.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  5. HongKongCavalier

HongKongCavalier Active Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Western WA
    Mine is definitely the offset hole type. When I talked with Trijicon CS last year, they said the only option was a setup like my original one that sat up high. Had they been a little more competent, I'd probably have purchased the Reflex Base you pictured in your post.

iamscottasus likes this.