RDB best deal online?

Discussion in 'RDB Bullpup Rifle' started by HongKongCavalier, May 23, 2019.

1. AK10mm

AK10mm Member

Jul 3, 2019
    Not to go too far off topic, but the main reason I want the PMR30 is to keep in my daypack for small game while hunting and fishing here in Alaska. Always nice to have a grouse or snowshoe hare for dinner in the evening. Not to mention the odd fox or other fur bearing critter without tearing up the hide. A 22 Magnum has a nice flat trajectory and enough power for that.

HongKongCavalier likes this.
  2. RogueIV

RogueIV Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2018
    Ahh crap i just realized it's WMR not LR you'd need, yeah i see your point now, that's around 18cents per round I can actually get 9x19 for cheaper.

3. Rotorflyr

Rotorflyr Active Member

Dec 28, 2006
    Just a heads up for anyone who might be interested, but MrGunDealer(dot)com has the RDB-C in Green (currently on sale) for $649.99 (as of 8/3)

AK10mm and Downs like this.
  4. Downs

Downs Active Member

Jul 17, 2019
    Hunt County Texas
    I got my standard RDB in OD green from MrGunDealer for 780ish out the door after all the tacked on fees. Still better than I was finding elsewhere at the time.

5. AK10mm

AK10mm Member

Jul 3, 2019
    I saw the RDB-C for $649. I just can't wrap my head around that configuration. After buying the standard RDB 17" bbl. I almost wish I'd bought the 20" model. I still can't believe how small it is in real life.

6. Rotorflyr

Rotorflyr Active Member

Dec 28, 2006
    Compactness is the whole point of a bull-pup and the 20” barrel would make the overall length just about the same as an Ak or Carbine AR.

I’m pretty sure the original idea behind the C/Hunter model was to get around the “no pistol grip” laws certain states have, which is also why it tends to ship with a 10rd mag as “standard”

I admit I didn’t care for the look of it at first but it’s growing on me some...

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  7. Klussdog

Klussdog Member

Aug 5, 2019
    Thanks for the info!

8. Rotorflyr

Rotorflyr Active Member

Dec 28, 2006
    CDNN currently is listing OD and Black 20" RDB's for $789 and FDE 17" for $799
    (not to mention the various sub 2k's for $399)

9. Balthezor

Balthezor Member

Sep 19, 2019
    I got mine off Gunbroker, brand new for $655 from Mr. Gun Dealer. I would check there. Smooth transaction, no issues.

10. E SCOTT

E SCOTT Member

Aug 30, 2019
    I got mine for $709 from Mr Gun Dealer

11. Rotorflyr

Rotorflyr Active Member

Dec 28, 2006
    Can't speak to GunBroker (can't check it at work) but the $709 on MrGD is for the 17" not the 20", which they list at $763 (so still a better deal) but MrGD doesn't list the 20" in OD, just black.

12. QB TOO

QB TOO Active Member

Dec 5, 2019
    Carrollton, TX
    I am about to buy RDB17. What year of manufacture has all the revisions and how do I tell when the rifle was made?

Thanks

13. iamscottasus

iamscottasus Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    This is really hard to answer as mot may changes are externally visible.
    Searching for a specific serial number range may prove impossible.
    If it's new in box, I would check for one thing (problem IMHO) now that newer RDBs are having . If the seller will allow it, try to flip the safety to safe. if it will go, its cocked. Cycle, check chamber, make safe and dry fire it. Then try to insert a Magpul Pmag, there should be one with the rifle. If the mag won't lock in place I would pass on it. Any other problems are easily handled with part swaps, adjustments or returns to KT.

14. Zuk

Zuk Active Member

Nov 29, 2019
    I am trying to wrap my head around this. Is the inability to load an empty magazine with the hammer down some kid of safety minded revision? I don't readily understand how a dropped hammer could interfere with a magazine.

I'm also trying to think of a situation in which I want a loaded magazine in the rifle with the hammer down and safety off, and I'm not coming up with anything.

15. iamscottasus

Feb 21, 2014
    The are a several complaints about it lately. I don't know if its intentional or not. There is a big thread here on it already.
    Some shooters want the ability to store in a "Hot Standby" condition which all one has to do to go to a ready condition is rack the action. Home defense where you want the rifle ready to shoot but it will be sitting for a long time.
    Another is tactical vehicle carry.

16. TwiztidS4

TwiztidS4 Active Member

Nov 16, 2019
    I grabbed the last one from Prepper on Black Friday for $720.

17. QB TOO

QB TOO Active Member

Dec 5, 2019
    Carrollton, TX
    Congratulations on your purchase.

Great price. Too bad they don't have any RDB17 carbine for those prices. I noticed they have quite a few fixed stocks on the auction.

18. HongKongCavalier

HongKongCavalier Active Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Western WA
    I was out of the country for several months, but while away I did some research into better mounting options. Why Trijicon only makes that high mount is beyond me. No rifle I'm aware of would benefit from such a high optic. Who makes a negative comb stock rifle?

So I got an American Defense QD mount, mostly because the A.R.M.S. mount is so tough to find right now. Perfectly satisfied with this alternative.

Now on to some BUIS, probably a lightweight Magpul polymer set.

[​IMG]

dazed, WolfWings and iamscottasus like this.
  19. iamscottasus

Feb 21, 2014
    Who! Hey! Beautiful set up there!
    Whats with the cheek pad? what material is It?
    Did you gloo it in place?

dazed likes this.