Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
I will no longer respond to any insult in this thread. Please continue insulting me on the new thread I created for that purpose.
Nothing I said was an insult, just merely an observation and friendly advice. If I said that you were naive and immature for your zombie talk or because you just threw a tantrum about a tantrum that didn't exist, that could be considered an insult. But don't worry, you won't hear from me on this topic again, or any other for that matter, because you clearly can't have a civil conversation.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Nothing I said was an insult, just merely an observation and friendly advice. If I said that you were naive and immature for your zombie talk or because you just threw a tantrum about a tantrum that didn't exist, that could be considered an insult. But don't worry, you won't hear from me on this topic again, or any other for that matter, because you clearly can't have a civil conversation.
Watch my off-topic zombie post on the other thread and if you disagree with it, fine. I am not threatened by people who disagree with me. But I have science behind me, not just opinions of topics one is not familiar with.

It is quite obvious you are not familiar with the zombie-like behavior of rabies-infected people. So, it might be wise for you to either educate yourself or stay quiet and appear uninformed rather than post a non-sensical post and remove all doubt.

·
Registered
RFB18 (Gen1) RDB17 (1:9 )
702 Posts
Rampage back in the 80'
I did not know this was an 80s game..Cant really comment on Biological warefare..If it happens..its bad ju ju for all of us.
Speaking of steel cased..I wonder if Tula and the like are going to produce a 6.8 variant ammo in steel case..
Also..did you know there is an "Ignore" option in these forums? Fascinating.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I did not know this was an 80s game..Cant really comment on Biological warefare..If it happens..its bad ju ju for all of us.
Speaking of steel cased..I wonder if Tula and the like are going to produce a 6.8 variant ammo in steel case..
Also..did you know there is an "Ignore" option in these forums? Fascinating.
The first video game I ever played was Pong back in 1978.
I was hoping for years that Tula or someone would produce cheap steel 6.8 SPC, but that has never come to fruition. I love my Mini Ranch rifle in 6.8, but it's expensive to feed. Thankfully I used to buy a case of brass here and there over the years, so I'm well stocked.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1st) For those of you who dont read the Safety Manuals Kel Tec provided for you, it used to specifically say
Trigger Line Font Gun barrel Ammunition
in the RDB manual DO NOT USE STEEL CASE AMMO ~ it will void your Warrantee... In this updated Safety Manual they leave it for you to interpret what, "high quality ammo" means ~ try debating Kel Tec the quality of Tula Ammunition - you won't win.

2nd) Who in the F is saying the barrel won't last 5k-10k rounds? Thats like 200 magazine reloads and Keltec would be replacing alot of Barrels by now, we dont hear that anywhere. Such stupid rubbish. Regular run of the mill Gubment M16s and M4s have a service life of 20,000rnds to 50,000rnds before the barrel is even considered for retirement... some snob on the internet that hasn't read the Safety Manual and shoots steel case is trying to tell me the RDB; designed with modern materials, can't hold a light to the Vietnam Era M16A1 w/ pencil barrel, hot-dirty ammo, & an auto selector switch? Smack yourself for offensively underestimating how the world works (physics), you Discussion Starter.

3rd) Newbs assuming **** like this, is not going to help sell this rifle and it certainly isn't gonna help with Aftermarket Support investing into it. Police your Battlebuddies before these Fairy Threads get 2 pages long.

·
Registered
24 Posts
If the RDB Barrel is not supposed to last that long (I'm guessing 5k-10k rounds), why not just use steel ammo. By the time you shoot 5k, the barrel is worn out and ready to be replaced anyways, and you would have saved enough for a new barrel. Heck, you might have saved enough for a new RDB.

I know some people say that Keltec does not sell Barrels today, but they might in the future.

You may want to check out a company In Canada www.maderifle.com, Ive heard whispers they are looking into making barrels in some other calibers too for the RDB. Might want to keep an eye on them next year. Right now they are launching a pretty sweet hand guard, ive pre-orderd the 13.6"

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Just some things to think about. The first of which is most people are legends in their own minds and don't evaluate their capabilities realistically. Moving on...

FWIW, the AR is long? Well, it can be. It can also be a handgun with an arm brace and be chambered in 300BLK to get decent ballistics and a clean burn. It can also be supersonic or subsonic and wearing a can with the right loads can be very quiet. You know, to keep the zombies from getting riled up so that we don't need to get out of our armchairs in this fantasy. A firearm shouldn't be sexy, it should be functional and capable.

I don't have a Hellion, but I do have 3 bullpups. The best of which and the one I would trust most is a Desert Tech MDR. If I planned on going anywhere in a SHTF situation (I don't) it would stay home due to the weight. The trigger is excellent but it was a $300 upgrade. What would I take? Again, I don't plan on going anywhere, putting myself into a completely unknown situation in SHTF is to welcome a negative outcome. OK, what would I take? Either my 5# 9oz AR or my heavier but smaller can wearing 300BLK handgun. Probably the latter would get the nod since it's so versatile and small. If it was winter with me on the move I'd take the MDR due to it's massive internals and an almost guaranteed function in the extreme cold when grease and oil is not at their best. But again, I don't plan on going anywhere, that's a move destined to failure IMO. That is unless one has the means to get to a prepared place and to stay in place once there. Assuming the roads are passible. Maybe no one else got the word and everyone stayed home to keep them clear? No highwaymen to ambush folks on the road who might have stuff? I wouldn't want to be in a vehicle under ambush.

Are my firearm choices above perfect? No. But no firearm is, they're all trade offs. If I was on the move my priority would be staying invisible and unnoted. To be seen would make one a target. To get into a firefight means potential injury and using up valuable ammo since there is no helicopter resupply. Any injury could be a death sentence. So no engagement is the best engagement.

Cannibalize other ARs? Build the best you can using the very best parts far above mil spec and don't worry about it. You're not going to shoot the barrel out since firefights are a no-no so forget shooting lots of ammo. One just needs it to function 100% and never break, hence the really really great innards. My point is to have what you need BEFORE you need it and don't count on outside supply or fixing stuff that breaks. Get to a prepared place of safety with everything needed and good fortifications and you might shoot out a barrel. Maybe. But probably not, esp' if there is little to no advertising that it has "stuff".

Is the Hellion crap? I doubt it. But what is mil spec for a foreign rifle for civilian use? What corners were cut or not even checked since it's not for any military? The size of it? I like bullpups and short rifles and AR handguns, so no points deducted due to it's size from me. There are quite a few bullpups to choose from today but not all are suitable for SHTF.

I'm going to suggest some reading about what happened in Venezuela and the Balkans written by the folks who lived it and survived. If I remember names I'll come back to this thread and add them. Or do a 'net search and you'll find them.

As far as humping weight, you want the lightest rifle and ammo possible. Trust me on that. Even fully combat fit everything gets too heavy in time and you'll wish for a lighter load. If one is carrying everything required to survive ounces add up quickly.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts