Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Page 9 in the manual covers part of it (steps 5 and 6). You simply disassemble normally. Remove bolt carrier assembly from barrel assembly, remove charging handle and pull the gas piston assembly rearward (the bit with the spring that the bolt carrier/piston contacts).

Regarding the other part of the gas system, it involves unscrewing the "gas adjust knob" to remove, so yes, it would essentially be 'reset from scratch' when reinstalling. Just count the clicks to the full open position in order to "reset" your setting when reinstalling. There's a large roll pin preventing you from unscrewing the knob completely (it stops you at the "full gas" setting), punch it out and you can then screw the knob off. There is a spring loaded detent in there, so be careful not to have it shoot across the room if you do remove the knob.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for the information. I've read and reread manual. I knew all of it wasn't there and I looked all over for it without finding it. Again thanks! Manual doesn't say how often to clean gas assembly but it doesn't sound like something I would want to do every time I shoot.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thanks so much for the information. I've read and reread manual. I knew all of it wasn't there and I looked all over for it without finding it. Again thanks! Manual doesn't say how often to clean gas assembly but it doesn't sound like something I would want to do every time I shoot.
I don't think the removal of the "gas adjust" knob is something they really expect you to do at all (let alone often), hence it not being covered in the manual. All it does is give you access to the gas port.

As an example, I can't think of the last time I cleaned any of the gas ports of my AKs (not that you shouldn't but it's a once every X thousand rounds type of thing, not after every range visit).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.