Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It to put 100 ends through my sub2000 yesterday. Very accurate out of the box at 25 yds. 50 was acceptable as all shots were on the target. I have the glk 22 version and tried 3 kci mags 2 were 15 and one was 31 rnds and used 3 glock mags. Zero issues of any kind! I did experience some cheek slap but not bad. Need to fling another few hundred rounds through it before it really broken in. Already added a rail to the bottom just need to find the grip I want.

·
Super Moderator
17,763 Posts
If you zero it per the manual it will be at POA at 20 yds, about 2" high at 50, and coming back down to POA at 100. Groups will be tight up close, but will open up to about 3 - 5" at 100 yds. Enjoy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did manage to hit some steel plates at a 100 yrds so that impressed me. What is odd is that it kicks alot more then I thought it would as 40 pistols are what I love to shoot.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yeah, the .40 has some recoil. Were you using 180gr. loads? The lighter bullets have less recoil. My .40 likes the .135 gr. bullets.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was shooting some 180 gr factory loads. I will need to load up some lighter weight rounds as all I have loaded is 180 gr. May have to buy the Taxticool tube cover.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Tube cover will help. Kel-Tec's stock extension won't actually reduce recoil, but may make it feel better just because your grip is more natural--if you're a taller guy.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Range report a great day

I went to the range and fired 300 rounds with only a minor issue the stock pin started to drifting out and I had to push it back in a few times.
Has this ever happened to anyone ?
Other than that is was a great day shooting the 9 mm Smith and Wesson had a blast.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I went to the range and fired 300 rounds with only a minor issue the stock pin started to drifting out and I had to push it back in a few times.
Has this ever happened to anyone ?
Other than that is was a great day shooting the 9 mm Smith and Wesson had a blast.
Have you lost the tiny spring and retainer when you had the bolt out?

·
Registered
35 Posts
No it's still there the pin dont fallout it's retained .
But the pin does walk out from the impact after firing and few mags .
The pin seems loose I can push it out fairly easy with my finger. Maybe worn not sure.

·
Super Moderator
17,763 Posts
When you slide the big pin out is there a small lengthwise notch facing toward the front of the Sub? This is what that small detent pin fits into.

·
Registered
35 Posts
3wbdriver said:
When you slide the big pin out is there a small lengthwise notch facing toward the front of the Sub? This is what that small detent pin fits into.
All parts seem the be there small detent pin. Just when firing the big pins walks its way out after a few mags maybe it's just lose or worn out some.
Going to shoot more hopefully this Sat looking forward.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I got to the range today for the first time with my new/used sub. First problem I can't get a sight plane when wearing hearing muffs. I guess I'll go back to ear plugs. I also had problems thinking the trigger wouldn't re-set. My fault I didn't take the safety all of the way off. Surprised at the lack of recoil, maybe because I'm used to shooting a Marlin 45-70. Also surprised at the accuracy. I was at a indoor range with only 50' lanes but held 1-1/2group 3" left and 4" low. Almost impossible to adjust elevation. I tried Magtec 115gr, Winchester 115gr, American Eagle 124gr and Remington 115gr and it ate all of them. Outdoor range Saturday for a real trial

1 - 12 of 12 Posts