Range Test on NEW P3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by JTMalley, Jan 15, 2008.

1. JTMalley

JTMalley New Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Well folks I went to the range to open up my new P-3AT. My primary weapon is the PX4. The PX4 is one of the easiest guns to shoot. Next to nothing in recoil and the gun just makes hitting the target effortless.

The KT makes you earn it's love. After I got it out of the box I broke it down (Still had part 115 in it so I didn't loose it) gave it a good cleaning and went to the range and put 50 FMJ and 50 Speer HP through it. Not a single FTF or FTE. I guess I got a good one. SN JJxxxxx.

Couple of questions... Does anyone have any tricks to help manage the snap of the KT ?
    Will getting the finger extension for my pinky help?

I did figure out to only use the tip of my finger to squeeze the trigger. I used too much and the KT gave me a nice bite to remind me to only use the tip of my finger.

The size of the P3At is well amazing. In a Mike's #2 pocket it fits in what my wife my "skinny jeans." My wife watched my put it in my pants and still was amazed at how is just disappeared.

Like I said before this gun is going to make me earn its love. I broke it down again to give it a good cleaning and greasing. (This gun gets dirty). As for now it will be in my pocket always and when it needs to do its job I have faith it will do it and do it well!!!

2. paulpetricas

paulpetricas New Member

Oct 5, 2007

3. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
  4. Bobo

Bobo Active Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    A pinky extension and a slip-on grip can help a lot.

Congrats on your sweet-shooter! :D

Bobo

5. wyo-man

wyo-man New Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Congratulations. Let us know your progress with the modifications.

wyo-man

6. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    I believe that the addition of a mag finger extention (I use the Bersa one) and the cushion pads under the grip sleeve make a noticable improvement in the comfortability and shootability of the P3AT. I truly enjoy shooting my P3AT with these mods. Haven't tried it but some folks prefer a plus one magazine extention on their guns for the extra round and, I would guess, extra controlability simular to what a finger extension gives.

Take care ...

7. ice

ice New Member

Apr 18, 2007
    The finger extension is a real plus IMHO.
    Do a fluff and buff and keep it clean.