Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my new P3AT to the range today for the second time since getting it as a Christmas gift in December.

As some of you may recall, my first trip to the range yielded about a 20% failure rate with approximately 50 failures to eject out of approximately 250 rounds fired. Today was the first range trip I've made after fixing the problem (loose extractor screw...which a little blue Loctite took care of).

I'm pleased to tell you that I fired 89 rounds through the P3AT today without a SINGLE failure. ;D

50 - Blazers
27 - Speer Gold Dots
12 - Winchester Silver Tips

I was very pleased with the little gun's performance today and I feel much more comfortable with it now in terms of reliability.

Just thought I'd share.

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Awesome Braden - you have to be feeling a bit happier right now! You may occasionally limp wrist and have a failure to eject, but it sounds like you are good to go.

Assuming no signs of slide peening around the guiderod?

-Scott

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No signs of slide peening that I've noticed.

I actually got to have a little bit of fun shooting it today. Last time was pure frustration.

It was a fun day at the range. All in all I shot the P3AT, my G17, my BIL's G19, my dad's Taurus .38 revolver, my dad's little Colt .380 and finally the big and bulky Ruger P90 .45 ACP (I HAVE to get another .45 sometime soon...those bullets are HUGE).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.