Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally made it to the range and pushed some lead threw the P-3AT for the first time. I like to call it a little rattlesnake because it strikes fast and bites hard.

Shot 90 rounds of American Eagle 95 GR. FMJ and 6 rounds of Federal Hydra-Shok 90 GR. JHP. I was shooting at a public range and had to shoot at 10yds., couldn't get closer. As far as accuracy, well let's just say that practice makes perfect, and I've got alot of perfecting to do. The purpose of this shoot was not for accuracy, but to see how the little bugger works and an introduction of the pistol to me.

Overall it functioned well, with the exception of (3) FTF's and these rounds had smiley's. In all three cases also the mag released and I'm thinking because the feed ramp hit the round hard enough to eject the mag.

I paid particular attention not to limp wrist and fired both single and double handed. Prior to shooting, I did a complete fluff and buff but did not modify the bottom of the feed ramp. Looks like that is the next thing to do.

I've installed the mag extention and can now see that a slip on grip will be a priorty. The mods are about 80% complete and if I keep working on it, my hope is that it will become a reliable, safe, fun piece to shoot and carry.

Any thoughts on the smiley/mag release problem would greatly be appreciated or do you think that I'm on the right track to correct it?

I want to thank everyone on this forum for all of the excellent advice as it would have taken me alot longer to get the pistol in shape by trying to figure it out by trial and error.

Talk to ya later or maybe that should be sooner. Who knows, but you can be sure that I'll be talkin.

Only the shadow knows for sure. he he he he

\

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a possibility that my fingers may have touched the mag button. If so, would this still cause a smiley? I like your idea about filing down the mag button if needed. Does a slip on grip help to add thickness so that the mag button won't protude as far or is it insignificant?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.