range report

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by 870motha_shucker, Feb 24, 2008.

1. 870motha_shucker

870motha_shucker New Member

Jan 11, 2008
    Took the P-3at I got this week for a spin today. The gun is ser.no. JMC series. The gun itself was at the shop used but I do not believe it was even fired.

Only modifications I did before going to the range was to polish the feed ramp and barrel, trim off some mold line flash for comfort, and add a fl. red stripe at the rear sight and a white line on the front sight. No other fluff and buff items short of a relubing were done.

Went through 150 rounds of wwb 95gr. FMJ and 26 rounds of gold dot 90gr. JHP. Zero FTF or FTE's in two hand, strong hand and weak hand shooting. Pointability and accruacy was very good at 7 yards with only a few fliers, most group strings were under 5" even with fairly fast firing of 1rd/per second (no rapid fire allowed at this range)

Suffice to say i'm sold on it and it will join my PF-9 for everyday carry.

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Congrates on finding the P3AT

3. 870motha_shucker

870motha_shucker New Member

Jan 11, 2008
    I've really fallen for this gun. I find it very easy to shoot, even more comfortable than my larger PF-9 that likes to cause a blister to the bottom of my trigger finger after about 100 rounds.

Muzzle flip is controllable for fast follow ups even one handed and accuracy is good for a gun this small with very limited sights. I did find that I shot high with it by about 2".

Other than that it has earned it's place, even as a primary carry when any else would be difficult to carry.

4. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    That's interesting.  With these double action pistols, most people tend to report shooting low, if anything. Anyhow, I'm glad you like it. Nothing is so easily carried. :cool: