Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my new p3at today and went straight from the gun store to the range - no fluff, no buff.  With my son's help put 100 rounds through it: 7 Gold Dots, 43 S&B and 50 Atlanta Arms.  Had 4 jams in the first 4 mags - all failures to feed, no fte's or light strikes.  1 feed failure was with the gold dot (I limp wristed on that one).  The other 3 were S&B.  Didn't have a single problem after that even throught the 50 rnd box of dirty AA.  Smileys were present but were much much lighter than some I've seen.  To say I'm pleased would be an understatement.  I found the p3at much more pleasant to shoot than my P-11 although the sights suck by comparison.  The lighter trigger pull made a huge difference and I was able to fire many more rounds than with the P-11 before hand fatigue set in.  Took the gun home and cleaned it.  The feed ramp came from the factory a little more polished than my P-11 but for good measure I buffed it to a glass finish with 1000 grit sandpaper.  Using somewhat rougher emory cloth rapped around a screwdriver, I took a smidgent off the bottom of the feed ramp to prevent the smileys.  They were barely stamping so that should be enough.
All in all I'd say it was a great day and a great purchase.  Can't wait to get back to the range. :) :)

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
VectorFL, I don't have the PF9 but do have the P11.  My p11 has been very dependable 500+ rounds.  It's not as pleasant to shoot as the p3at if you have tired hands like mine.  Growing up on revolvers the p11 trigger doesn't effect shootability for me but I can't put many rounds through at a time without shaky from fatigue.
I find the extreme ejection of the p3at almost comical.  You could almost his airplanes with the shell casings. LOL.
How's that Fiocchi feel? I've read good things about it and understand it's a tad hot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.