Range Report

Discussion in 'SU-22' started by cmreds, Jan 5, 2009.

1. cmreds

cmreds New Member

Aug 10, 2006
    Well I finally got to the range yesterday, but not before breaking down and cleaning my new PLR-22 and SU-22 the night before. For those of you that have posted saying you went to the range before cleaning and had jams - there's a good reason given the amount of grease packed in those guns for shipping from the factory.

Anyway, I had to resort to shooting at Bass Pro Shops rifle tube (hate it b/c it's like a cave), but once I got the red dot scopes zeroed in it shot the size of a silver dollar at 25 & 50 yards without a hiccup. I was using the Federal Bulk ammo and Remington Gold Bullets and the 26 round magazines. Shot roughly 500 rounds w/o one ftf or fte issue. It was the most fun I have ever had with a 22 caliber gun. Well done Kel Tec!

2. manonfire1007

manonfire1007 New Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Rock on. Can't say enough good about it. Easy break down? I still can't break down my su-16. The stupid charging handle won't come out so that the bolt can be removed. I've followed the instructions (as I see it), but still can't get it to work. Glad that the range trip went well.

3. cmreds

cmreds New Member

Aug 10, 2006
    They are a snap to take apart and put back together - nearly the same for both of them.

4. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Moderator Supporter

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    I had a little trouble with the dust over on my SU-16C that prevented me from removing the bolt at first, but that sounds different from your problem removing the operating handle from the bolt. That's definitely not right, and you're eventually going to need to get that fixed. :-/

5. Bam_Bam

Bam_Bam New Member Supporter

Aug 29, 2005
    Aaron, once the carrier is loose in the receiver you should be able to wiggle it loose and allow the carrier to drop down slightly and allow you to remove it once its aligned with the enlarged slot the handle rides in. Is this the problem you are having?? PM if you have questions as not to hijack this thread.

BamX2