Range report with reloads

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by bazookabert, Feb 24, 2008.

1. bazookabert

bazookabert New Member

Dec 29, 2007
    I finally got to shoot my 380 reloads. As with most range reports lately everything went well. Shot about 40 rounds with one failure to eject (who knows why) I did notice the an increase in noise with the reloads.

The reloads are a 90 grain Hornady XTP with 4.2 grains Alliant Power Pistol Powder.

I didn't really shoot for accuracy, more so function. The target was a Air filter box, with a snow bank behind it. When I was done, I fished out some of the bullets to see what they did. The answer is absolutely nothing. There was, however, a consistent mark on the tip of the bullet. It is hard to see in the pic, but looks like a smiley to me. I will have to check that out next time I shoot.

I really like my new grip sleeve and mag extension too, I would recommend them to anyone.

[​IMG]

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Do you plan on shooting them again ::)

3. bazookabert

bazookabert New Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Yes, I do plan on shooting them again. I am probably going to load another batch with a little more powder in them. Max powder is 4.8 grains and I backed it off for first test purposes. Plus, I bought this powder special for the 380 and one pound will load 1400+ rounds, may as well have some fun :) I also have 500 bullets. I got a better price if I bought bulk, so I'm stuck with those for a while.

I am collecting newspapers so I can test the bullet that way. Hopefully I will see a little more expansion than the snowbank.

I also just cleaned the gun and the marks in the bullets match up perfectly to the feed ramp :-/