Range report with P32 Wolff springs

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by johnfrommd, Sep 5, 2007.

1. johnfrommd

johnfrommd Member

Jul 20, 2007
    I replaced my P3AT factory springs with the heavier springs from Wolff. I did not replace the striker spring, only the recoil springs. When cocking by hand, a definite difference can be felt. However, my brass still flies over my head and hits the range overhang. I don't think I noticed them staying any closer than with the factory springs.

I also had a trigger pin that was migrating out. I put blue loctite on it and, after 200 rounds, it is still in the same place.

For a grip, I use a small Hogue over the top of their grip tape. I used the grip tape and fluid per their instructions and my grip has not moved one iota in 500 rounds.
    T
    he gun is more controlable with the +1 floor plate than the six rounder. I can get faster follow up shots as I don't have to reposition the gun in my hand. I also notice that, with the six round mag, I sometimes short stroke the trigger. This never happens when I use the +1 mag.

Hope this helps someone,

John from MD :cool:

2. alamo

alamo New Member

Sep 12, 2004
    Is KT selling in Maryland now? It wasn't long ago that they were not. Believe manufacturers have to provide a spent casing with the pistol don't they?

3. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    The stock P3AT springs are in the 12-13 lb range so the Wolf P32 springs are really not much if any heavier.

4. johnfrommd

johnfrommd Member

Jul 20, 2007
    The P3AT and PF9 are on the handgun roster list. I bought mine used so that I didn't have to worry about the fired case. The fired case is only required with factory new guns made after 2002.

Regards,

John from MD

5. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    in NYS, if the NEW gun does not come with casings,the state police take 2 shell casing samples at their barracks.

then the handgun is sold.