Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any you remember, about 5 weeks ago I was a newbie on this board and had just shot my recoil spring through the front of the slide before the first 50 rounds of the break in trip to the range...after fluffing, buffing, cleaning and lubing.

I wasn't impressed that I had sent in the slide and hadn't even owned the gun for two weeks.

Long story short, got the slide back with a new recoil spring and guide rod. Cleaned and lubed it and put 100 rounds through it today without a mishap. I was paranoid, but everything worked well and shot nice groupings.

Started using MilTec and love it.

Still disappointed with the out of the box experience, but glad to have a pocket firearm that is functioning as designed.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
If you could, how about a discription of the spring hole, milled or drilled inside bottom? paper thin or thick.

also, how many coils on the new springs?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll have to check that tonight when I get home from work.

The springs looked the same, but I didn't count the rings. I wondered if the rod was a little longer, but didn't compare. It seems the spec between the rod and opening of the hole is tighter. On my original slide the spring was visible with the end already beginning to come out. On this slide the tip of the rod is just coming out with no sign of the spring.

I'm a dimwit when it comes to machining. What's the difference between milling and drilling? How do I tell which is which when I look?

·
Registered
8,993 Posts
If the bottom of the hole is flat it was milled. If it is funnel shaped it was drilled.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.