Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the new toy (below) to the range today for initial wringing out.

Up until today, I'd just "test-fired" a few rounds in the back yard.  Today, ran a 50-round box of Blazer Brass through it and 12 rounds of Corbon DPX.  The result was boringly, uneventful...ate everything without so much as a burp including, 1 mag of DPX as fast as I could cycle the trigger.  Other than slicking up the feed ramp and removing a bit of a burr on 1 side of the ramp, I havn't touched it and unless I see a reason, don't intend to.  The *sights* (I have a little trouble thinking of them as sights) are pretty much dead on if you do your part.  I got hand-sized groups at 7 yards with fairly rapid fire so for what it is, in my book thats about all you could ask for.  I like it...not only am I gonna' keep her, I'm letting her move into my pocket and call it home.

I may have to let it out of the house more than I'd planned though.  After putting it through its paces and swithching to the Glocks I shot the best series of groups I've had in probably 30 years.  I think that l-o-n-g KT trigger pull may be underated as a training tool. ;)

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Dan334 said:
think that l-o-n-g KT trigger pull may be underated as a training tool.   ;)
Agreed.  Go shoot a P11 for a while.  Everything else feels like a hair trigger. BTW, purdy little pocket rocket.  :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
The more I see that Navy/HC combination the more I like it. Glad yours is a winner!

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
I'm holding out for a PF9 dressed like that.
It may be a while but I'm in no hurry.
The navy grips all come from Sports South, Inc.
http://www.sportssouthinc.com/

·
Registered
74 Posts
PackinPastor said:
[quote author=TxCajun link=1188773658/0#3 date=1188776195]I'm holding out for a PF9 dressed like that.
It may be a while but I'm in no hurry.
The navy grips all come from Sports South, Inc.
http://www.sportssouthinc.com/
Are sayin' that's the only place you can get that color?

Very sexy BTW![/quote]

If you already have a P3AT, you can just buy a slide/different color grip directly from KT... Even better if you already have a HC one because the grips aren't expensive and very easy to swap out and there would be no need for another break-in period.

To make it even easier, be sure to get a grip with the hammer block already installed because it can be a bit "fiddly" to get it back in.

Or, you can pull a Wilson and RIT dye it yourself in whatever color you want. Personally, I'd LOVE to see a P3AT done in full Real Tree type cammo. That would be sweet...until it got dropped in the woods. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.