Range Report - New HC|Navy P3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Dan334, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Dan334

Dan334 New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Took the new toy (below) to the range today for initial wringing out.

[​IMG]

Up until today, I'd just "test-fired" a few rounds in the back yard.  Today, ran a 50-round box of Blazer Brass through it and 12 rounds of Corbon DPX.  The result was boringly, uneventful...ate everything without so much as a burp including, 1 mag of DPX as fast as I could cycle the trigger.  Other than slicking up the feed ramp and removing a bit of a burr on 1 side of the ramp, I havn't touched it and unless I see a reason, don't intend to.  The *sights* (I have a little trouble thinking of them as sights) are pretty much dead on if you do your part.  I got hand-sized groups at 7 yards with fairly rapid fire so for what it is, in my book thats about all you could ask for.  I like it...not only am I gonna' keep her, I'm letting her move into my pocket and call it home.

I may have to let it out of the house more than I'd planned though.  After putting it through its paces and swithching to the Glocks I shot the best series of groups I've had in probably 30 years.  I think that l-o-n-g KT trigger pull may be underated as a training tool. ;)

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Agreed.  Go shoot a P11 for a while.  Everything else feels like a hair trigger. BTW, purdy little pocket rocket.  :cool:

3. Bobo

Bobo Active Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    The more I see that Navy/HC combination the more I like it. Glad yours is a winner!

4. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    I'm holding out for a PF9 dressed like that.
    It may be a while but I'm in no hurry.
    The navy grips all come from Sports South, Inc.
    http://www.sportssouthinc.com/

5. KuduKing

KuduKing New Member

Aug 27, 2005
    That's a very nautical looking combination.  Perfect for the gentleman yachtsman going ashore for an evening dinner! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

6. flonder22

flonder22 New Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Real nice looking little pistol ! Allmost too purty to shoot. :D

7. wyo-man

wyo-man New Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Nice weapon - and nice, well done photo.

wyo-man

8. burley

burley Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    Nice gun, hope some of those make it up north

9. FMJ

FMJ New Member

Jul 6, 2007
    Beautiful color combination, wished mine looked like that. Have loads of fun with it!

10. PackinPastor

PackinPastor Guest

Are sayin' that's the only place you can get that color?

Very sexy BTW!

11. MikeD

MikeD New Member

Jul 5, 2006
    Are sayin' that's the only place you can get that color?

Very sexy BTW![/quote]

If you already have a P3AT, you can just buy a slide/different color grip directly from KT... Even better if you already have a HC one because the grips aren't expensive and very easy to swap out and there would be no need for another break-in period.

To make it even easier, be sure to get a grip with the hammer block already installed because it can be a bit "fiddly" to get it back in.

Or, you can pull a Wilson and RIT dye it yourself in whatever color you want. Personally, I'd LOVE to see a P3AT done in full Real Tree type cammo. That would be sweet...until it got dropped in the woods. ;)