Range report: I can't get my p3at to...

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by gordon11, Oct 18, 2009.

1. gordon11

gordon11 Active Member

Dec 30, 2007
    Took my p3at out to finish breaking it in and practice a little point shooting.  Put another 100+ rounds through it and no matter what I do I can't get a malfunction of any kind.  I've tried limpwristing and using cheap dirty ammo.  No matter what I do it's completely reliable just like my P11. ;D
    I've been shooting handguns for more than 3 decades and even with the miniscule sights the p3at has become my all time favorite range gun.  I know it wasn't designed as a range gun but it's so much fun to shoot.

Just wanted to take a moment to thank the moderators and all the helpful people on this forum whose advice and knowledge have allowed me to get maximum enjoyment from my Kel-tec experience.

2. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Hey, no more posts like yours. What, do you want Kel-Tec to raise their prices thinking they've got a shooter in the P3AT? :)

Take care...

3. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Same here.  I put my hard chrome over navy grip model through its paces yesterday.  I normally only shoot a couple of mags but I ended up putting some 86 rounds down range.  First up was a carry mag of Corbon DPX.  That was followed by 4 mags of American Eagle, 4 mags of Fiocchi FMJ, and then 4 mags of some Aguila that I've had for a while.  I thought it was FMJ but it turned out to be 95 grain JHP, which I didn't even know Aguila made - the label is in Spanish.  Anyway, no failures of any kind except for a few FTHB (failure to hit bullseye).  :)